Bummer. A couple Mopars taken out

-
This would hurt more than wrecking on the drag strip to me. If it’s being worked on and burns it more than likely didn’t grow shop roots but many do and are never enjoyed.
I bought the car in 1978, enjoyed it for many years, took it down to restore in 1993. 20 years later I was two weeks away from driving it again, used all NOS parts and put the original engine and trans in for the first time since 1983. I was finishing the brakes and installing the bucket seats when an LI battery from a drill combusted and took my garage out. I couldn't move the car since it was on stands...

I bought the car in 1978, enjoyed it for many years, took it down to restore in 1993. 20 years later I was two weeks away from driving it again, used all NOS parts and put the original engine and trans in for the first time since 1983. I was finishing the brakes and installing the bucket seats when an LI battery from a drill combusted and took my garage out. I couldn't move the car since it was on stands...
Damn. Sorry for your loss. That bites the big one.

That really stinks. Sorry to see that. I have one that has been on jackstands for over six years and my son who lives in Ohio Duster has been sitting for five years. I told him many times to get insurance on it but he hadn’t

5EF7A465-F319-4824-B668-04DB3AE2633A.jpeg

86EE29FD-F241-45BD-A8D7-49376C607F8B.jpeg

829DA836-18BA-4324-9C7B-F3E5D86DEAE5.jpeg

That really stinks. Sorry to see that. I have one that has been on jackstands for over six years and my son who lives in Ohio Duster has been sitting for five years. I told him many times to get insurance on it but he hadn’t

View attachment 1716056131

View attachment 1716056133

View attachment 1716056134
I did have comprehensive insurance for mine, cost me $16/year from St. Farm. They paid me $35K for the loss and I got to keep the car for $1000 and they never asked for the title so it is still clear. You have to show that the car in not able to be driven and is stored inside a permanent structure. I had WAAAYYYY more than $35K in it, but it was a cheap way to get some of it back...

73 up duster should be an easy find. Most people hate them and you cant even give them away even when restored

At least they were keeping it real. Worst is carefully driving your collector car on a quiet Sunday morning and a goofy kid in his parent's Prius runs a redlight while staring at their device and T-bones you, then says, "At least I hit an old car.".

-
Back