Bumper Boyz... Stay Away!!!

-

erobbins

Reaction score
So, long story, but I'll try to keep it short....
Bought a bumper off of Bumper Boyz in March. I was at the swap meet and looked through a few and thought I found a good one. Not so. Chrome rubbed off and flaked after I brought it home and tried to polish it. Also, they jacked it up around the bumper bolt holes so the bolts didn't sit flush. Told them I was not confident they could produce a good part, didn't want an exchange because I already looked through all the shitty ones they had, and wanted my old core back and a refund at the next show close by in May. They argued some but agreed. So, come May, I drove 1.5 hours, paid to get in, only to find out they forgot to bring my core and didn't have any cash or check to refund me. I was a dumb *** and left with them the bumper I bought initially. He wrote me a statement saying he would send me a refund check and ship out my bumper at his expense when he got back to LA. This was about a month ago. Now, he is claiming the owner wont pay to ship my core back and I have to pay the shipping. $70 they say, or I can wait two months and drive two hours to the next show around here. They also keep putting off sending my refund. They said today they have to balance their books first.... It's been almost a month since the refund was supposed to take place and they still have my original core, the one I bought, and they have almost $400 of my money. I've heard every excuse imaginable. I'm about to blow a gasket. They have provided me the worst possible buying experience anyone could have. Do yourselves a favor, and don't make the mistake I did. Stay away from Bumper Boyz.

I've heard a lot of negative feedback about them. I think the main attraction to them is that they are usually cheaper than the competitors. I have heard it is worth it to spend the extra money. In this case you truly get what you pay for. Sorry about all the s**t you have to go through. I've never used them and I never will. Hope it all works out for you.

Carl

Balancing thier books should come after they make right on you.
Just sayin.
Basically they are just telling you that they might not be able to provide the service that you paid for, or return your parts.
That's BS man.

I think I might start a 8 3/4 resale business that's cheaper than anyone else.
The customer sends 600 bucks and thier 8 3/4 mopar rearend in for a rebuild.
I don't do the rebuild and sell it for 800, then tell you that we can't even afford to give you your 8 3/4 back and quit answering your calls.

Now what?

Scammers suck.

i though it was common knowledge on most forums to stay away from the bumper boys..

don't use tri city either. looks good when you get it but it doesn't last.

I've never heard anything good about bumper boyz. Hopefully it works out for ya!

Lots of people at Monster Mopar bought from them.I had three lil red bumpers there-not perfect but nice,not one bite.Bumper Boyz bought all three-Ya get what ya pay for.

I had read several negative reviews about them and some about others. I thought I had the upper hand having the opportunity to look over four or five and picking the best one. Now I know I was wrong. Big time. Assuming at some point I get my money back, and if Im real lucky get my bumper back, or one that is correct for my car, who would you buy from? I have read several positive reviews about TriCity but abody joe says otherwise. Anyone deal with cuda_mike? He sells on ebay..... Bad thing is, I am about two weeks away from completely finishing my car, with the exception of the front bumper of coarse.

I stand by Franklin Plating in Philly for us East Coast guys....My brother's chrome on his '67 GTX is still flawless after 20yrs & the chrome on my '66 Cuda is 7 yrs old and still holding up perfect. Not cheap, but their worth it.

Ok, so Bumper Boyz and Tri City suck...

Who is good?

Has anybody bought a bumper from somewhere and been happy???

Tri-City did mine several years ago and they still look very nice. No complaints at all and if I ever need another I would use TriCity again,Joe

I use Highline plating in Cuba Mo.Don't expect a cheap price-I have had a front and rear on a 67 Dart for 8 years now with no problems.

I bought my front Bumper from Cuda Mike. The bumper he sent me had the same issue with flaking chrome and rubbing. I sent him an e-mail regarding the issues and he said if I cover the cost of shipping the bumper back he would make it right. I sent it back and paid for the ride back to his shop. He sent me another bumper on his dime and I have not had any issues with this bumper. I would use his shop again.

If you live in New England area, stay away from Nu Chrome out of Fall River Mass. Friend of mine had his rear bumper for his 65 Marlin re chromed by these people AND LESS THAN A YEAR LATER IT IS PEELING!!! He contacted them and they will not repair the bumper.

I had a bad experiance with them a few years back too. Will not do business with them again.. Last bumper I got was from Tri City.

I use AIH in Dubuque Iowa. I have bumpers and white metal parts that i had done almost 20 years ago still looks great! Transferable lifetime guarantee also only one in the business that has it a far as i know

Joe, yours is the first negative report I've ever heard about Tri-City. Can you elaborate for us? And maybe share some photos?

i've see quite a few complaints on tri city over the years. it looks great when you first but it. jamies dart has a set of tri city bumpers on it. i'll find the reciept but they are only a few years old.. they are already starting to go. i'll see if i can get a picture of it later today. not sure if i can pick the problem up in a picture though. its kinda a softer chrome also.

the problem is if you want good chrome you have to pay out the *** for it.. a lot of people like that pauls chrome but man they are expensive if i reall correctly.

Im waching this thread .... I will need mine redone later

tri city i used there bumper for years no problem now i get my stuf from ted stephens performance andits cheaper and with a warranty hell yea ..................my other chrome work is done in nashville tenn perfect plating lester the owner 615 650 8888 hes been doing all my other chrome work and polishing for 20 plus years if you get a problem he fixes it

I/we have bought around a half dozen bumpers from Bumper Boyz....always at the Nats (no shipping/visual inspection)...never a problem.

they have taken some nasty cores from us....

I generally am uncomfortable doing business with people that cannot spell, at least in the context of a business name.

If one customer has a problem with any company, it's bad for that business. Too many companies out there with poor customer service. Here is another example of a company that doesn't care about the customer. If they did, the problem would be resolved pronto!
Thanks for the heads up erobbins.

I'v used "Pauls chrome plating" and had nothing but great results. I bought a bumper boyz bumper several years ago and, it was ok for a driver, but not show quality by any means. Their prices have gone up and now it is cheaper to by a reproduction bumper from AMD and it will be a nicer bumper. I know bumper boyz, used to buy cores for about 25.00 and now they were only willing to pay 5.00 dollars, for a core (that was straight as an arrow) so I told them forget it.....I'd keep it, and give it away to sombody who needs it first.

I have never used BB's, but have heard alot of negatives through the years.
I have a local chrome guy that does nice work and is cheap !!!
The guy also picks my stuff up,and delivers !!!!
Can't beat that.

-
Back