bumper dealers at Carlisle

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
I need to get a bumper for the front of my Val this year at Carlisle.

I remember the bumper dealer called "The Bumper Boyz", but there is another one I've seen in the past and I cannot remember the name. Can anyone tell me who it was and if they still go to Carlisle?

Thanks,

CE

I paid for my Barracuda bumpers (Tri City) in advance and they delivered them to Carlisle. You'll get a discount with a core. They do great work. First thing I did when I got them home was put brush on under coat on the backside because that's where the rust always starts from the tires throwing water/salt/dirt/rocks!!

PS - if you have bumper guards be sure to let them know so that you get bumpers with the correct holes.
Treblig

undercoat on the bumper backside, great idea! I coated my steel freeze plugs water sides with RTV.

i cant speak for the stuff they have in inventory,,but ive had quite a bit stuff done by bumper boyz starting in 05',,,and so far it all still looks as nice as when it was new

Another vote for Tri-city have bought bumpers for 2 cars from them excellent quality..heard bumper boyz were garbage!!

Bumper boyz suck, this was kept under a quality car cover and waxed. 4 years later....
bumper boyz chrome work 001.JPG

Bumper boyz suck, this was kept under a quality car cover and waxed. 4 years later....View attachment 1715062206
I'm surprised you got that long out of them. Most of the people I have seen buy from them were very unhappy within a year. On my e body Cuda, I sent the originals out to be rechromed, expensive, but after 15 years they still looked like new. Go with Tri City, I have yet to see a problem with them yet

I sent my duster bumpers to tri city had them back in 2 weeks look great no waves with warranty for as long as you own car

DUDE!! I would send that back!! I've had my Tri-City bumpers outside (on the car) for a few years and they are still beautiful!!

treblig
The Bumper Boyz front bumper for my 66 Barracuda lasted just under a year. Called them up, and asked for a replacement under warrentee. The shipping both ways, was close to the cost of a bumper. Asked if I could pick it up at the Turkey Run (where it was purchased). They said "yes". At the Turkey Run they declined to warrentee, said it was more then a year (about a week), even though I called before the year was up. They did offer a 10% discount, though. Rear bumper lasted about three years.

The Bumper Boyz front bumper for my 66 Barracuda lasted just under a year. Called them up, and asked for a replacement under warrentee. The shipping both ways, was close to the cost of a bumper. Asked if I could pick it up at the Turkey Run (where it was purchased). They said "yes". At the Turkey Run they declined to warrentee, said it was more then a year (about a week), even though I called before the year was up. They did offer a 10% discount, though. Rear bumper lasted about three years.

Ugg, thanks for the warning Charlie

Called tri-cities today. If they don't have one for me at Carlisle they are going to take mine back to TN and fix it for me.

Thanks all,

C

Oh and not cheap!!!!! Last time I looked at a bumper it was almost $200, now it is $400! Yikes. Well, if ya need it, ya need it.....

-
Back