busted by the wife again

-

mac daddy mopar

Reaction score
she found my car parts under the couch, who knew she moved it once a week to vacuum under it:dontknow: then she let me know all the other things I did:argue: wrong, such as using her turkey baster to get the brake fluid out of a master cylinder, in my defense I replaced it with a new one, how the hell did she find out??? then I used the tub to pressure check a radiator, she walked in and nailed me on that one#-o and the time I used the oven to bake painted parts, and the time I used her lip stick for a grease pin, her eyes must be better than mine, I thought I cleaned it up good, but she seen grease in the little lines where you turn it, then she told me she knew I was guilty of other things but she had no proof at this time, but it was just a matter of time before she found out, anyway I had to remove the car parts out of the living room but I can keep the ones in the bed room in the house, I just hope she don't look in the drop ceiling as I have trim pieces stashed up there, anyone else do these sort of things or is it just me?

Hahaha. Mine just came out to the garage yesterday with a box full of wiring harness and electrical parts and tools and said " this does not belong in the living room so here ya go" I said " but babe , I'm not done working on it and I don't have enough room in the garage to work freely on it " lol she let me keep it inside...... Only because she wants me to finish the car so she can drive it lol.

Sent from iPod.

I have heads in my living room, a block im using as a coffee table for now, shocks in the kitchen, 2 sets of rims in the den with tires, random front end parts in the bedroom, and a 73 duster in her parking spot im currently doing body work on.... she only really got mad about her parking spot though...

I have my viny floor under my bed, and a big ole stash of parts in my office everything from trim to the paint for when it goes to the shop. she complains, but lets it be.

You need your own room in the house that is off limits to everyone else.
I have a large room that is all mine with almost 2 engines worth of boxes stacked up.
Not a peep. Why? Because it's my damned room!!!!

We got away with warming up the 85W140 oil for the rear in the microwave oven. It did smell a little fishy for awhile though.

I don't have a wife so the entire square footage of my home and my money is free to do as I wish.

I have a friend that tells his wife not to spend money on foolish things (nick nacks, nails done) but yet he will buy stuff for his motorcycle, AR-15, Jeeps, etc.... I don't believe that is fair do you?

We hadn't been married too long when my wife came home and discovered I was "Hot Tanking" pistons, rods, valvetrain and hardware in the dishwasher.

She claims not much I do surprises her any more.

she found my car parts under the couch, who knew she moved it once a week to vacuum under it:dontknow: then she let me know all the other things I did:argue: wrong, such as using her turkey baster to get the brake fluid out of a master cylinder, in my defense I replaced it with a new one, how the hell did she find out??? then I used the tub to pressure check a radiator, she walked in and nailed me on that one#-o and the time I used the oven to bake painted parts, and the time I used her lip stick for a grease pin, her eyes must be better than mine, I thought I cleaned it up good, but she seen grease in the little lines where you turn it, then she told me she knew I was guilty of other things but she had no proof at this time, but it was just a matter of time before she found out, anyway I had to remove the car parts out of the living room but I can keep the ones in the bed room in the house, I just hope she don't look in the drop ceiling as I have trim pieces stashed up there, anyone else do these sort of things or is it just me?

I'd say mostly just you! Don't get me wrong about this, but your useing kitchen stuff for car work? OK, I do to, but it stays in the garage after that!

The tub for a rad check? Not good. You bath outta that!
Oven to cure paint? Not good. You eat out of that dude!
Your not cleaning up good enuff if she's catching GREASE on the roller pin. What are you thinking? You eat with that!

I'll freely admit to many things here and now, but I do not have to hide jack crap. I just simply put new parts or clean, and I really mean eat off the part clean, parts under my bed. The wife knows and dosen't care a bit. So long as it doesn't upset her sleep, she's good.

Put your parts in your car, in your garage, under your car, on a shelf, in the attic.

Not in the living room under the couch!

:angry7::angry7::angry7:

Ah man these are all good diy's!! LOL Im tempted to show the gf this thread....no better not, she is pretty good with all this, but if I start hot-tankin' stuff in the dishwasher and get caught I will be in deep $hit. Keep those great ideas comin'!!!

Both spare bedrooms have car parts on the beds that are finished and just need to be reinstalled after paint. Those rooms are the cleanest and safest for the finished stuff. If not I would be tripping over them in the garage. Wife is just fine with that. And since I do the cooking I could probably incorporate the kitchen if needed. Wait I have.....wet sanded my scoops on the kitchen counter so I had access to the sink. Oh yeah. I mixed my carpet dye in the kitchen as well. That made a mess.

C130 Chief, I feel for ya as I used the dishwasher "once" to clean parts. I am not allowed near it. Now if I could only find a way to get out of mowing the lawn I'll be set!!!

John D. Beckerley

C130 Chief, I feel for ya as I used the dishwasher "once" to clean parts. I am not allowed near it. Now if I could only find a way to get out of mowing the lawn I'll be set!!!

John D. Beckerley

Do like my stepson did. Scalp it down to the roots. I was not happy.

I am actually thinking about cleaning my pond filter pad in the washing machine. She might have a problem with that.

Over the four years it took me to build my car I to had most of it scattered around our apartment. I need to thank my wife right now for being so understanding. I think all car guys do it to some point.

When I was a kid, my mom had one of those tank vacuums with the long chrome tubes you put on the end of the hose... it was late on a Friday noght, my dad was in need of some exhaust pipe in a hurry (little 4-banger in an Anglia)... anyway, it got chrome exhaust! Mom tried to vacuum the next day.... DOH!!

Then there was the time my wife came home from one of those parties, (Pampered Chef or something) She showed me a heart shaped pie dish in the booklet that she wanted... it was only $20 but, her b-day was coming up and I needed an idea so, I said, "money is a bit tight right now, I think we should wait....." She was Ok with that, since we were self-employed and money was tight... I called mom and she ordered it... all was well... till my wife was doing our books 3 weeks before her b-day and noticed a receipt for 85$ for paint for my jeep.... Boy was I in big trouble... I called my mom and made sure she had it in hand.... I let her think I was terrible for 3 weeks so I didn't ruin the surprise... we still get a good laugh out of that one... probably about 20 years ago.

I don't hide parts. I do have them in the house. On the spare bed is the freshly painted trunk and dash. My wife even covered them with a blanket so they won't get scratched.

In the basement are the fenders, bumper brackets and a bunch of other painted parts.

I have better things to do then to hide stuff from my wife!

she don't mind the parts in the bed room and den, she just don't want them in the living room, kitchen or bath, I keep telling her I need a bigger garage as I have to pull the scamp out to work on it, her answer to that is sell some parts and make room, like that will ever happen.

and I replaced the turkey baster, and it was a lipstick tube where she found the grease, and before I could think about useing the dish washer for a hot tank she told me not to even think about it.

I am lucky to have a big barn to work out of so I don't have to keep or work on parts in the house. But I do bring some stuff in the house to work on like grills and such. But my girl friend does not mind.

i have a decent sized garage, 36x54 or so. everything stays there, well almost everything, some things are in the shed....

I have a 14x20 garage so its pretty tight...even more so with the duster parked in there and my tool box's and air compressor and engine stand and work bench and what not.

But I make due with what I have.

I have a 14x20 garage so its pretty tight...even more so with the duster parked in there and my tool box's and air compressor and engine stand and work bench and what not.

But I make due with what I have.
my thing has always been i am not very good at maximizing my space. i think if my garage were double its size it still would not be big enough....my wife always laughs at me and my ability to turn the garage into a bomb drop zone just by opening the door.....

I'm amazed that my mother didn't disown me the night that she walks into the dining room to find me with a holley carb strewn all over the table. Most of the time I keep my paRts out of house and do the work in the garage.

:headbang:HA!HA!HA! That's a funny story man. Some woman should know what you guys go through when working on a cars. Even if you half to use the oven every now and then to cook some parts up.:read2:..I love working out in the garage it's the best place for new ideas.When it comes to fast speed and a sweet rides..

My shop is pretty large, 32 x 55, so I have enough shop space. The winter becomes an issue. Who wants to heat up 2000 sqft to work on a tail light? I have been busted working on carbs, chrome, etc. I took it too far when my X came home and found I re-arranged the dining room. I was really surprised when she didn't like my 94' Harley Wideglide sitting in the bay windows near as much as I did! Hell, the curtains even made a great backdrop! Maybe that's why she is an X!

-
Back