Buying parts on FABO

-
That sucks hard that you got screwed, it really does. I would spend several hundred myself, to recover the $75, out of principal as mentioned earlier.

But I do not see how it is wrong to send as a gift, I do it all the time. All it does is transfer the Paypal fee to the buyer, instead of the seller. Paypal still gets their crazy percentage. I had never heard of it until this place, but have done it many times.

The guy isn't far away. My junior keeps asking me when we a going to ride that way. I wont make an effort toward revenge. I just put it in the lords hands. If we do cross paths at some point, there's the sign.

I don't like purchasing US M/O they charge too much I'd rather go to my C/U and get a certified check for free, and furthermore if I sell something and someone pays me with paypal I wouldn't want to pay the fees I'm not a business I'm a guy just trying to restore a car.

The nice thing with a postal service M/O is you can go right to the post office and cash them, also, they can tell you if its a fake. Paypal is instant payment, which is nice too, but the fees do suck.

First off, since Ebay owns Paypal, THEY are the ones being dishonest right off the bat by charging people TWO times. Once on Ebay and once on Paypal and BOTH times with ridiculous fees. All they are doing is sitting back on their ASSES pushing buttons and getting rich.

yes and no. they both provide a service. a lot of people ***** about ebays fees but when ya really look at how many people can see your for sale ad there is just no place else anywhere that have so many potential buyers for whatever it is your selling so your paying for exposure. craigslist and local papers or whatever just don't touch as many people. pay pal charges a fee for convenience. as a seller i would much rather have the money right away instead of waiting a week for someone to run to the post office or bank or credit union and then send whatever payment they are sending. my money is held up and i have the hopefully sold parts sitting here collecting dust and don't know if this guy is gonna really send the money till it is actually in my hand. if for some reason they never got around to sending the money then i may have lost quite a few potential sales because potential buyers could have found what i'm selling elsewhere while i was waiting for a guy to send money that he never did. and as a buyer if i see a deal i want my money in his had asap. it is what it is.

yes and no. they both provide a service. a lot of people ***** about ebays fees but when ya really look at how many people can see your for sale ad there is just no place else anywhere that have so many potential buyers for whatever it is your selling so your paying for exposure. craigslist and local papers or whatever just don't touch as many people. pay pal charges a fee for convenience. as a seller i would much rather have the money right away instead of waiting a week for someone to run to the post office or bank or credit union and then send whatever payment they are sending. my money is held up and i have the hopefully sold parts sitting here collecting dust and don't know if this guy is gonna really send the money till it is actually in my hand. if for some reason they never got around to sending the money then i may have lost quite a few potential sales because potential buyers could have found what i'm selling elsewhere while i was waiting for a guy to send money that he never did. and as a buyer if i see a deal i want my money in his had asap. it is what it is.

Well said... and agreed!

yea, even as a seller, you can get ripped too!. i sold something, and a month after he had it, he went to his bank and put a reversal on the transaction, and paypal locked the money out of my account. for nearly 3 weeks i fought with them and the guys bank. the ending was paypal took the money from me. and after fighting for another 2 weeks, with a higher up, they gave me a 300 dollar courtesy credit to my account, knowing in the end, they were wrong. so they took 300.00 out of their own rich pockets and ate the cost. but let me tell you what a hassle and headache it was!

There are good folks here, and like RPM said its a leap of faith. I personally havent got burned,...knock on wood, always get good contact info, speak on the phone, if you are a good judge of character, you'll probably be able to decide what to do then.

Gary

strokerscamp I think you summed it up better than anybody. I might not post alot,but I sure do read alot. Gary your door panels went out the day after you paid me. I also don't think it's a bad idea to ask about other members on here. I don't sell on E-bay anymore,because of th outrageous fee's. I have also bought from other folks on here. If you would like to know ask Donnie 4mulaSvaliant,who sent me two of the same parts and I promptly returned one. I still give people the option how to pay me. If they wanna use paypal it is up to them,but I still ask as a gift, again I'm just trying to re-store my car. It doesn't make me dishonest.

The nice thing with a postal service M/O is you can go right to the post office and cash them, also, they can tell you if its a fake. Paypal is instant payment, which is nice too, but the fees do suck.

It depends on the post office. Here they never have any money in their drawers, so they can't cash them, and all they do if you ask them to verify one is hold it up and see if it looks like it has the security stuff.

-
Back