by pass with -AN fittings

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
I saw in the members photo gallery where he had -AN fittings for the bypass on a smallblock. It looked pretty kool, but now I can't find that picture anywhere! I searched and searched to no avail! Can ya help me out! :)

This is the setup that I did with AN and a piece of hose.

vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]

Cravin'sCuda,

Nice looking and would help my 273 since the dealer-installed AC bracket wants to kink the bypass hose, but confused by the water pump.

Appears a threaded fitting, which I thought only early cast-iron pumps had. Yours looks like an aluminum water pump since I don't see the ear for the TRW pwr steering pump. Looks like you have a Federal pump.

It's a Edelbrock water pump. The magnum head conversion makes a weird angle for the by-pass hose so I made this solution. I'm using the saginaw ps pump.

The Eddy pump has threads in it. The hose is 5/8" 90 degree from carquest(just picked something off the shelf) and the fittings were Aeroquip from Summit Racing. There are probably summits brand that might be cheaper.

Aeroquip #'s
FBM-1515
FBM-1565
FBM-2011
FBM-2017
FBM-2142

Yep. thats the pic i was lookin at. lol looks good man. :) Im gonna do something similar. :)

You're running an electric pump, aren't you? Did you call the pump manufacturer to ask about the bypass?

You're running an electric pump, aren't you? Did you call the pump manufacturer to ask about the bypass?

Yes, CSR electric water pump on my 408 stroker. I have not called them yet, but I will. I'm gonna send them an email with pictures tonight.

I was thinking of ditching my custom billet timing cover (which was 300 bucks) and CSR water pump (another 300 bucks) which was also forcing me to run an electric fan setup (another 250 bucks) and the front billet cover also requires you to run an electric fuel pump (My Aeromotive A100 fuel pump was 315 bucks) to just run the conventional stock (simple, cheap, easy, readily available) timing cover and edelbrock victor water pump and use the AN fittings shown above...So I can just use the Mopar Viscous fan setup, and mechanical fuel pump if my Aeromotive unit ever fails...So I'm saying I'm over a thousand bucks just in my front engine, just to get the extra custom no one else has, look. lol

From the looks of it, I'd have to make a custom bracket for my alternator if I stay with this billet timing cover and CSR water pump...What a load of expensive ****, huh? LAME. All I want is simple and easy from here on out...:l

Yes, CSR electric water pump on my 408 stroker. I have not called them yet, but I will. I'm gonna send them an email with pictures tonight.

I was thinking of ditching my custom billet timing cover (which was 300 bucks) and CSR water pump (another 300 bucks) which was also forcing me to run an electric fan setup (another 250 bucks) and the front billet cover also requires you to run an electric fuel pump (My Aeromotive A100 fuel pump was 315 bucks) to just run the conventional stock (simple, cheap, easy, readily available) timing cover and edelbrock victor water pump and use the AN fittings shown above...So I can just use the Mopar Viscous fan setup, and mechanical fuel pump if my Aeromotive unit ever fails...So I'm saying I'm over a thousand bucks just in my front engine, just to get the extra custom no one else has, look. lol

From the looks of it, I'd have to make a custom bracket for my alternator if I stay with this billet timing cover and CSR water pump...What a load of expensive ****, huh? LAME. All I want is simple and easy from here on out...:l

LOL, I feel ya brother.

Yep. That's the one I would like to use. :) If I can't get my setup to work, I'm gonna sell it all. lol
I'm getting ready to call summit up right now and order that eddy pump (already have that tuff stuff one but I want an fittings).

that eddy pump looks great,,wish ide of known,,or if they even made that when i did mine,,, i couldnt find a rebuild kit,,i wanted to have it powder coated to match the timing cover and intake,,

the only way i found was by having evans cooling do a pump,,,high flow,,

im guessing they bought the pump in pieces,,,,then they sent it out for powder coating then they sent it back to there main hub for reassembly,,,195 smackers,,,looks works great,,and i met the local guy to me that did the powder coating,,

eddy also is the only one making a mechanical HIGH flowing fuel pump for a small block mopar,,that will fit on the 1970 and up water pump set up,,,i hate relying on electric if mechanical is available,,

Attachments

• refreshing the cuda july 2008 044.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 330
that eddy pump looks great,,wish ide of known,,or if they even made that when i did mine,,, i couldnt find a rebuild kit,,i wanted to have it powder coated to match the timing cover and intake,,

the only way i found was by having evans cooling do a pump,,,high flow,,

im guessing they bought the pump in pieces,,,,then they sent it out for powder coating then they sent it back to there main hub for reassembly,,,195 smackers,,,looks works great,,and i met the local guy to me that did the powder coating,,

eddy also is the only one making a mechanical HIGH flowing fuel pump for a small block mopar,,that will fit on the 1970 and up water pump set up,,,i hate relying on electric if mechanical is available,,
Your using Evans coolant in the radiator?

-
Back