Bye Bye American Made Chrysler Cars

-
Not sure I understand why they invoke the "Chrysler" name at all.

I read Ram Trucks were to be built,in Detroit ,drop the 200 series...

Ram/Jeep still in U.S. Matter of fact Fiat is retooling a U.S. plant or two for Jeep/Ram.

They build the Challenger, Charger, and 300 in Ontario Canada already. Not built in the U.S. for a long time now.

Maybe Cummins should buy the Ram, and then it could be called a Ford??? doesn't Ford actually own Cummins? inquiry minds ( such as it is) wants to know!
guess it is a good thing we all own one of those books called " how to build your mopar engine" !? ha....... support for anything from Ma Mopar is total ancient history.. ha?

yes , barbee6043 , ford did buy cummins years ago , just before gm was to get some cummins v8's with an @ 800 ft lbs of torque . next gm went to the new bosch injection a few years back . well ford moved out of china , to go back to the states for tax breaks . put everything and even the stud floor mounting for the equipment could not be just replaced , they screw over chrysler on the 300 series cars . at least thats the word from the auto builders . oh and isn't the united states in america along with canada and mexico . so when you say america , its really the united states your talking about . so when did we just become americans , and not citizens of the united states OF america . don't those 50 stars and 13 stripes mean that , is there a maple leaf and a eagle with a snake some place on your flag i've not seen ? don't mean to climb on my soap box and cry out , but please follow citizens call it as you see it boys n girls . thanks pm

yes , barbee6043 , ford did buy cummins years ago , just before gm was to get some cummins v8's with an @ 800 ft lbs of torque . next gm went to the new bosch injection a few years back . well ford moved out of china , to go back to the states for tax breaks . put everything and even the stud floor mounting for the equipment could not be just replaced , they screw over chrysler on the 300 series cars . at least thats the word from the auto builders . oh and isn't the united states in america along with canada and mexico . so when you say america , its really the united states your talking about . so when did we just become americans , and not citizens of the united states OF america . don't those 50 stars and 13 stripes mean that , is there a maple leaf and a eagle with a snake some place on your flag i've not seen ? don't mean to climb on my soap box and cry out , but please follow citizens call it as you see it boys n girls . thanks pm

well yes, I say America, but I was referring to the United States of America. and yes me personally, have a much deeper feeling for Canada than I do for Mexico. just me. and yes, by the way we are in North America. their is still Central and South America! ha...... I also like to see the United States of America's flag shown at presidential conventions! o k so ban this. mods. ha..sorry......

I just saw the article this morning and thought I would pass it on. Not sure what you mean, but thanks?
The car came out for 2015 correct?
They do not show case a new line of car in 2015. They show case the car earlier. 2014 would be the latest year to show case the new platform car. We are more than half way through 2016.

While I did like the video, stating the "News" as you did is a bit late.

well calling it america is like calling it a mopar . you may use the term among friends . but they know what you mean . kind of gets lost in the translation of generalizing somethings , to be an american is to join with the north n south neighbors along with all 50 states that are the united states . and saying that can't industry go south to build good product , it seems that china crap is worse then was made there and its over the ocean from us . north already builds quality product , just needs leadership . just my thought on it , don't intend to fold people my way just need to say it . thanks for reading n hear it .

Huh?

Lets look at the fiduciary duty of a publicly traded stock company. The want to produce the most value from their product. By moving American made machine tools/assembly lines to Mexico, they circumvent the US-UAW wage penalty, and that is what it is, a penalty for making it in America. Juan can operate a button or a pneumatic wrench as good as Jon, and the parts are usually made somewhere else anyway, with many sub assemblies being made here and assembled there. It's a shame that we cant be competitive, but who is going to buy a $2000 US made I-phone? Maybe the next president can change that...?

my '95 cummins ram was built in Mexico. 200,000 mi on a diesel that old in nothing. only problems I have had with it is: at 100,000 the front wheels bearings went south , ate up the spindle before I knew they were bad. I found out they used substandard bearings. cost me some bucks. at 150,000 the fuel shut off solenoid went out. Mother Mopar wanted $450 for one. found one in Fl at cummins store for $100 shipped. 10 yrs ago the white paint started peeling off the bed.
I agree with Pishta, yes Mexoco can provide excellent labor, China's materials are crap and so are their labor. BUT, as far as corp. profits, I think this. NO way should my truck IF bought new today, should cost $50,000! ya can't tell me there are not tremendous profits there!

The car came out for 2015 correct?
They do not show case a new line of car in 2015. They show case the car earlier. 2014 would be the latest year to show case the new platform car. We are more than half way through 2016.

While I did like the video, stating the "News" as you did is a bit late.

OK thanks Mr. Woodward......your so on your game.

When I saw this, "Brent Snavely, Detroit Free Press 2:24 p.m. EDT July 28, 2016", I just assumed it was a recently written article. Which it was. And, it was a formal admission that they are indeed stopping production.

But thanks for setting me straight. I would hate to talk about boring old history, when there are people like you who have so much new news to discuss.

Maybe Cummins should buy the Ram, and then it could be called a Ford??? doesn't Ford actually own Cummins? inquiry minds ( such as it is) wants to know!
guess it is a good thing we all own one of those books called " how to build your mopar engine" !? ha....... support for anything from Ma Mopar is total ancient history.. ha?
Ford does not own any part of Cummins. At least not as of close of business today. Only 30% of Cummins is publicly traded and then it's to mutual funds, pensions, 401k's and other investment funds. Ford did have a contract with Cummins to supply engines for their F650's and with International for those turd 6.0's. GM did look into to putting Cummins in their trucks, but also very quickly decided against it not wanting to concede to Dodge. My tenure at a Ford dealer has taught me one truth, those Ford diesels are over engineered garbage. If I gotta drive a diesel, then I'll take a Cummins. But I'd rather have a Hemi.

They have all been Fiats since the takeover. Like it or not.

Cummins is not owned by Ford. If they were wouldn't they put the 6.7 engine in their trucks? However New Venture(formerly New Process)was owned by Chrysler for years. Which means your 4x4 Chevy and Ford does have a Chrysler transfer case in it up until 2014 when Chrysler sold off its remaining stake to Magna. I always show my Chevy friend the Pentastar logo on his transfer case on his 2002 2500.

-
Back