-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1ToughDuster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Does any body have a pair of c-body axles (uncut) they'll sale for $50 bucks? I'm only interested in C-Body axles. I want to have them cut and replined for an 8 3/4 rearend that I'm building for my Duster.

Thanks

You need the bb pattern?

Yukon axles arent that much more than getting axles resplined.After you pay shipping and axle price and then respline your prolly better off with the yukons.

Quite a few truck 8.75 axles can also be shortened and resplined as well. This gives you an alternative to C Body axles. I had a set of 72 truck axles done by Moser.

You need the bb pattern?

Yukon axles arent that much more than getting axles resplined.After you pay shipping and axle price and then respline your prolly better off with the yukons.

Yeah, I thought about going with aftermaket axles ($215 at Moser) but believe that I'll go with the c-body axles. I've read that in an A-body they're almost indestrctible due to their thicker diameter.

Caution....some C body axels are stepped down on the spline end.

Can't respline those for an A body

See link:

http://www.cowtownmopars.com/ChryslerRearEnd.html

I agree. 15 years ago it cost $113 to have them cut and resplined. Not sure what it is now. We went that direction because no one made an affordable big bolt axle for abodies. By the time you buy used axles have them shipped to you then sent out to be cut and resplined it will probably be in the ball park of just getting new axles from moser or yokon. But hey that's just my opinion.

Caution, When i first built my car , i used a set of c body axles (moser cut and respine for me), with a 4 speed and a set of drag radials, i made 10 passes at the strip and twisted them to the point that i had a hard time getting them out, (almost 2 spline twist), so i bought a set of moser street/strip axles , that was 10 years ago with no problems.

do yourself a favor buy the new axles put new bearings,seals.Sitting alongside the road really sucks

I have a set I just took out of a 67 imperial with the big lug pattern if you are interested make me an offer and then we will work out shipping.
A '67 Imperial uses a 5" bolt pattern....not a 4 1/2". My two cents worth is to forget the respline also. I've seen too many failures and bad fits. I'm sure if you get the correct axles and the shop chops them the correct length and then heat treats them the correct amount, that they will work fine but why bother with all those variables when there are bullet proof ones on the shelf that are better than stock in all respects?
Thanks, Mark

If your car is a strip or street strip machine you should get aftermarket axles, especially with a 4 speed. Now if your building a street only cruser that your not going to be racing with sticky tires or using a 4 speed you should be fine with a properly done respine job. I have seen lots of stock axles in 4 speed cares twisted to almost 3 teeth and those werent resplines either. Definattly get somethign better then stock if your racing with slicks.

Since I'm going with a b-body rear now, I'll just use the stock b-body axle shafts until the break(if they break) and then I'll get some aftermarket ones.

2 Axles cut and re-splined...$100. I picked them up late last week.

Sutton Engineering...City of Angels ;-)

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back