C-body help please

-

chasduster

Reaction score
hello, got a buddy that has a very very very nice 72 imperial 440 car...no you can't demolition derby it...... It needs a new heater control valve / climate control valve which automatically switches back and forth from a/c to heat depending on inside temp... He cannot find one... He wants a new one or possibly have his sent out to get rebuilt...anybody have a website to where he can find one / order one...He knows they won't be cheap..

Chasduster

Try jcauto.com. He deals with heat control valves
If all else fails I deal with John at Big M Auto. Williams CA any part he sends you will be good.

Got any part numbers ? I have a NOS valve here and dont have a clue what it fits. The guy I got it from couldn't recall what it was for either. I've had it since 92.

I replaced one on my 72 fury. Went to local auto parts store.Heater Valve#81948 by AutoTemp. The original part has #8426 2 H30-111 Hope this helps.

I will see if i can get a part #...I have looked on ebay...nothing on there....this thing looks huge like the car LOL...it has the heater hoses going through it on the pass side fender well....

Got any part numbers ? I have a NOS valve here and dont have a clue what it fits. The guy I got it from couldn't recall what it was for either. I've had it since 92.

could you post a pic of what urs looks like...on here

The water control valve is not the one I have. The part I have goes on the plenum I think. Controls in car temperature. Sends vacuum signals to the water valve and blend doors. I can get a pic of it if later today.

I will see if i can get a part #...I have looked on ebay...nothing on there....this thing looks huge like the car LOL...it has the heater hoses going through it on the pass side fender well....
Yup...thats the part I referring to.

I'm not sure what it looks like, so I have my friend sending me pics later and the serial # on the part......Thanks for all the info Guys you all are have great info...:cheers:

it has allot of vac lines and also has elec connector aswell..... pics are suppose to be coming later today hang with me

here is the part I have

vacuum relay 01.jpg

vacuum relay 02.jpg

Can you get a pic of it? There are a couple of vavles on ebay. Have him go to www.cbodydrydock.com those guys are fanatical and will have of know where to find one.

are you a member there...I hate to join just to say hi and then use them for one part and never go back again.....not my way.....anybody a member there

I replaced one on my 72 fury. Went to local auto parts store.Heater Valve#81948 by AutoTemp. The original part has #8426 2 H30-111 Hope this helps.

the first part # the said discontiuned..the second part# the guy looked at me like I had 3 heads....He said come back later when the manager is there... So I will try back later in the week...thanks do you have any pics of yours

servo assembly PB142 I believe is the part # I am also getting better pics on weds...I will take them with my camera which will be way bigger pics

good god! $595.00! ouch! i know sometimes you gotta pay the piper but.... all i can say is he must really love that imperial

-
Back