California save water

-
Tom....The waterfall is cool...I could sleep like a baby listening to that at night.

Yes our bedroom is just about 25 feet away. It is very peaceful. Like sleeping next to a stream. Of course the pump runs at around 800 watts so we do shut it off. The pump is remote on and off and variable flow by remote. This is the video I did when we first installed it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyyHePBzepY"]Our New Water Feature - YouTube[/ame]

Tom

Damn, that waterfall is cool. Any way you could hook the pump up to a solar panel and battery? 800 watts seems like a lot.

Damn, that waterfall is cool. Any way you could hook the pump up to a solar panel and battery? 800 watts seems like a lot.

Think of having 10 60 watt lights on 24/7

It would take a very big solar array to provide 660 watts continuous. We are actually pretty frugal when it comes to power. Our house is Gas and Electric. No A/C. Just forced air heat. I installed a temp controlled gable fan that helps on the really hot days to keep attic temp down. We are also lucky to be just off the 56 corridor. Pretty constant breeze comes from the coast 8 miles away. On average we pay around $75 a month for gas and electric. We have considered solar, but not really economical for our usage. Now if this drought brings power outages we may reconsider. In fact I think we had better look into it. Tesla has a new storage system that will work with Solar.

Oh and as I checked the pump specs. 660 watts. 4000 to 8000 gallons an hour. Of course the 14' head drops that some. So at it's lowest setting it probably uses around 350 watts. I remember we paid extra for a more efficient pump.

Tom

-
Back