California weather wussies

-

Dusteriffic

Stink finger
Reaction score
I'll admit to being one of these people and can attest to none of the footage in this video as being faked. Since moving to San Diego 10 years ago, I found that I'm not able to endure the cold any longer. When the temps drop below about 65, I start looking for my hoodie and find I'm using the heater in my car.

East coast guys, feel free to mock and laugh.

http://www.thewrap.com/jimmy-kimmel-arctic-los-angeles-weather

That's funny. I wish they would send some of those reporters to MO. Yesterday afternoon it had warmed UP to 0, and it was -7 when I went home last night.
Dallas

I'll admit to being one of these people and can attest to none of the footage in this video as being faked. Since moving to San Diego 10 years ago, I found that I'm not able to endure the cold any longer. When the temps drop below about 65, I start looking for my hoodie and find I'm using the heater in my car.

East coast guys, feel free to mock and laugh.

http://www.thewrap.com/jimmy-kimmel-arctic-los-angeles-weather

The problem is that we're so accustom to warm weather than none of our clothes are adequate for a sudden cold front.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who owns a pair of long johns in socal. lol

The problem is that we're so accustom to warm weather than none of our clothes are adequate for a sudden cold front.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who owns a pair of long johns in socal. lol

ive never owned a pair in the 18 years i lived there or the 5 years here in AZ... and yes OP, anything under 75 and the heater kicks on LOL

It was 58 degrees 5 minutes from Pismo Beach,got tired of the "so called" cold weather.Laid down three coats of single stage . (This stuff,lays down great, with exerience...).

LOL
We started out at -3F yesterday and made it up to about 9. (I'm sure guys up north consider that a heat wave). I did dig out a pair of gloves for the occasion. That is way below normal for here, but I worked in cold storage for last 25 years with rooms at -20 for ice cream or lower for blast freeze. Air units were in roof top rooms. So, to do service in summer you go in and out from 90F+ roof , that's over 100 degree temp difference.

That's funny. I wish they would send some of those reporters to MO. Yesterday afternoon it had warmed UP to 0, and it was -7 when I went home last night.
Dallas

Hey Dallas Tuesday morning at 5:30 am my truck said it was -16

Right on Tim..yeah 58 isn't cold.i was skating around on the roads this morning driving my wife. To work.i pity the guys back east...

It was 58 degrees 5 minutes from Pismo Beach,got tired of the "so called" cold weather.Laid down three coats of single stage . (This stuff,lays down great, with exerience...).

What were you using essential?

It's been -20 with -50 windchill here the past few days. It was so cold that the lines were breaking for the fiber optics for the internet. They just now got them back up since its only 0 today.

Yep. Thats how it is around here. Sad thing is we have had an unusually warm winter around here. Still have yet to get are first snow. I am a scrawny bean pole with only 5% body fat. Cold is my kryptonite. It is 53 now and I got my jacket on. LOL

I dont have any long johns either. The wussies I work with put them on at 32 but I hang right with them even at -15 and today being it is up to 10 It feels to me like 65 might to you.

I pretty much love it when Jimmy makes fun of stupid people. He was doing the same thing just the other night.

"Let's throw snow" at people on an LA beach

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4brEPvukLU0"]Greetings from Sunny LA with Cousin Sal - YouTube[/ame]

We finally got a cool break happening now....was over 100*F for 2 weeks or more ( no rain, just hot wind), and today it was 80*F and raining......the grass was sunburnt and brown......give it 2 days, and it will be green.

I rode my road bike today in shorts.....LOL Yeah, it's pretty extreme right now. I'm actually ready for some real winter weather. We get snow here......

Lol! It has been extraordinarily warm this year in so-cal! Too warm for me.......
I'm leaving a couple of days to north Virginia to help my sister clean up, pack and move out to California I'm having to go out early to help care for my mom who had her heart stop a few times over New Years (while on vacation visiting my sister) and had to go to the ICU and was not able to travel back home by plane as intended. she now has a pacemaker and is recovering. So there will be additional planning to get her back as she's supposed to limit her travel. My sister is moving out when her lease is up so my mother is in a bind and will have to go with us. So we will have to take it slow and easy....... Lots of breaks along the way I'm guessing.

Anyway I'm Looking forward to some cold weather. I can handle it as I lived in New Hampshire a few years back. Looking forward sort of to the road trip back out to California
As I love the sights along the way....that and get me some good east coast food and then some food in Tennessee and Texas....... There's a lot of good hole in the wall places but those are some areas that come to mind. I had to drive her out to Virginia and did the same thing
Now it's just in reverse.....

Lol! It has been extraordinarily warm this year in so-cal! Too warm for me.......
I'm leaving a couple of days to north Virginia to help my sister clean up, pack and move out to California I'm having to go out early to help care for my mom who had her heart stop a few times over New Years (while on vacation visiting my sister) and had to go to the ICU and was not able to travel back home by plane as intended. she now has a pacemaker and is recovering. So there will be additional planning to get her back as she's supposed to limit her travel. My sister is moving out when her lease is up so my mother is in a bind and will have to go with us. So we will have to take it slow and easy....... Lots of breaks along the way I'm guessing.

Anyway I'm Looking forward to some cold weather. I can handle it as I lived in New Hampshire a few years back. Looking forward sort of to the road trip back out to California
As I love the sights along the way....that and get me some good east coast food and then some food in Tennessee and Texas....... There's a lot of good hole in the wall places but those are some areas that come to mind. I had to drive her out to Virginia and did the same thing
Now it's just in reverse.....

Good luck with ya trip, bloke.

Hey Dallas Tuesday morning at 5:30 am my truck said it was -16

One thing about MO weather, If you don't like it stick around a bit and it will change. lol
Several inches of snow was still on the ground yesterday but it was POURING rain! Warmed up the the low 40s so we also had thunder and lightening. :wack: Rained off and on all day but there is still some snow, but not much left. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 50s. lol
Dallas

Here are a couple

Attachments

• 1538709_742580172420144_304405752_n.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 1510489_10152145688394015_1831977579_n.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 68
-
Back