Calling 63-66 Dart Experts

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know why the 63-66 Dart GT window felts (cat whiskers) would be different than those for a non-GT hardtop? I'm having a hard time finding what the difference would be. The gentleman at DMT didn't seem to know, but did say he'd reach out to their supplier to try to find out. Vans and Dante's both said they're the same. Any ideas?

Screenshot from DMT's website:

upload_2022-2-24_18-23-23.png

Interesting. I wouldn't think they would be different but the must be or they wouldn't have different part numbers. Something my car needs but haven't done yet.

I'm beginning to think maybe their website is incorrect and that their "hardtop" cat whiskers are really for 2-door sedans, since I don't see those listed. I may call again tomorrow to ask.

I would think they were the same. 4-door/2-door is obvious but the gt/2-door should be the same.

The two door sedan has metal frames around both the door and quarter glass. If I am not mistaken these metal frames will take up space where the cat whiskers mount and shorten the overall length. Not sure if the holes in the body for the clips are in same position between the hardtop and sedan model.

Does anyone happen to know why the 63-66 Dart GT window felts (cat whiskers) would be different than those for a non-GT hardtop? I'm having a hard time finding what the difference would be. The gentleman at DMT didn't seem to know, but did say he'd reach out to their supplier to try to find out. Vans and Dante's both said they're the same. Any ideas?

View attachment 1715877210
I have a complete set for a GT EXCEPT for one. right side rear inside. Was missing. I will give them to you for shipping. NEW!!

Does anyone happen to have an old set of these window felts for a 63-66 GT laying around? I need the two inner felts for the rear. They can be trashed originals. I'm trying to put an old set together to send to Jim at DMT to hopefully start reproducing.

No one seems to have a set of the Top Cat brand window felts for a 63-66 GT on the shelf and the company who makes them has no ETA for them.

Does anyone happen to have an old set of these window felts for a 63-66 GT laying around? I need the two inner felts for the rear. They can be trashed originals. I'm trying to put an old set together to send to Jim at DMT to hopefully start reproducing.

No one seems to have a set of the Top Cat brand window felts for a 63-66 GT on the shelf and the company who makes them has no ETA for them.
Let's not turn this thread into a parts wanted thread. Thanks

Yes sir. I just figured I'd let folks know that there's a business willing to step up to plate to start making these for us since the only ones left at this point seem to be the cheap shitty ones. Pretty cool if you ask me. All they need is a set of old factory ones to work off of. I don't have a complete set, or I'd send them. DMT's an asset to this community.

He is not, just trying to figure out a way to get the job done. A post like this doesn't belong in parts wanted either.

Having said that, do we know if a 2dr Valiant HT will work or not? I think the are the same body style for things like that. I will check my parts, I have some used rear ones, I will check that against my buddy's 66 Dart GT.

I wonder what they use to galvanize the rubber to the metal?

Yes sir. I just figured I'd let folks know that there's a business willing to step up to plate to start making these for us since the only ones left at this point seem to be the cheap shitty ones. Pretty cool if you ask me. All they need is a set of old factory ones to work off of. I don't have a complete set, or I'd send them. DMT's an asset to this community.
He is not, just trying to figure out a way to get the job done. A post like this doesn't belong in parts wanted either.

Having said that, do we know if a 2dr Valiant HT will work or not? I think the are the same body style for things like that. I will check my parts, I have some used rear ones, I will check that against my buddy's 66 Dart GT.

I wonder what they use to galvanize the rubber to the metal?
Sorry, I jumped the gun a little bit. I only read the first sentence or two and reacted. It get's me in trouble sometimes. It's hard to read every word of every post here. It's a busy place.

Sorry, I jumped the gun a little bit. I only read the first sentence or two and reacted. It get's me in trouble sometimes. It's hard to read every word of every post here. It's a busy place.
No worries Mike! You have always and are a good admin! You would be better if you could vulcanize rubber to metal! LOL!!!! :lol:

Wonder if you could take a front and bend it for the rear radius?

No worries Mike! You have always and are a good admin! You would be better if you could vulcanize rubber to metal! LOL!!!! :lol:

Wonder if you could take a front and bend it for the rear radius?
THanks, I wish I could.

View attachment 1715877210

one is flocked, the other is not.

-
Back