Caltrac operation on leaf springs

-
You have an aluminum bushing for the bar? I only got the poly bushing. I guess if you use the aluminum bushing you for sure wouldn't want any gap. That would rattle your teeth.

My set came with the aluminum bushings to put in the front spring eyes the poly bushing goes on the bar and if you read from the competition engineering site about these for street you back off the adjustment so that you have a small gap on the poly bushing.

As far as the understand it, the springs still bend. Which would mean the shackle moves. As long as the rear of the car can move up and down, there will be movement. Once power is out to the rear, the twisting action maybe stopped by the Cal Tracks but the spring still bends under power.

Is there a Cal Track user aboard?
yes, and u are correct. They wont move as much as s/s springs, but they still move.

I could see them helping in that way. That is one thing nice about them they are adjustable. My car was was dialed in with the SS springs. It took a long time to get it there. The calverts were very easy to work with and get them right. I will always use them now that I converted over . But its a lot of money initially to get every thing.
so how did u guys end up w/ them set ??

My rear end still moves quite a bit with the cal tracs.

Cayuga Mopar Day 1.jpg

Cayuga Mopar Day 2.jpg

-
Back