Cam card numbers?

-

N1ce2k1llu

Reaction score
Setting up an Edelbrock proflo 4 system and the ecu wants to know my camshaft profile. What number am I looking for?

2020-05-30 13.30.35.jpg

Does it ask for 'cam profile' or 'cam duration', or what specifically? Is it asking for 'CAL ID'?

If it asking for the 'Cal ID' as in the instructions near the back for the Setup Wizard Map Matrix, then go by the duration on your cam card at .050" lift....

On your cam card, that is 219 IN and 227 EX. I would go by the intake number.

If it asking for the 'Cal ID' as in the instructions near the back for the Setup Wizard Map Matrix, then go by the duration on your cam card at .050" lift....

Thanks. On the setup wizard it just asks " Camshaft Profile"

Thanls , What you said does make sense about going off the map matrix. The instructions say nothing about @.050 so I am still wondering.

1590870952337596433382.jpg

Thanks. On the setup wizard it just asks " Camshaft Profile"

Thanls , What you said does make sense about going off the map matrix. The instructions say nothing about @.050 so I am still wondering.

View attachment 1715537948
OK. I see your pix posted from the screen.

Those screen choices are like the choices in the Map Matrix, and in the written instructions for that, it explicitly says to use the duration at .050" lift. Which makes total sense for the numerical choices listed. So the middle selection it is for your cam: 210* to 230*.

You're just putting in some baseline info for the system; it is probably going to one of several libraries of maps depending on the value selected, to give the system some sort of calibration on the manifold pressures it should 'learn around'.

-
Back