Camaro wrecks at 195 passengers walk away...

-
I don't think I'd be getting in the passenger seat with that guy driving ever again.

The video doesn't show the moment he lost control but I didn't see any attempt to turn into the skid.
There's a couple of different videos. The one I commented on you cannot see "outside" for the glare through the windshield, but you can see him turn a bit to the right, then not much else

What is with the bald tires? A couple of dumb asses you ask me.

I didnt see 195 mph.

its a smoke and mirrors

take a close look at the title of this post
it doesn't say the Camaro was doing 195 MPH when it crashed, just that it was "at 195"

I bet 195 is the name of the speedway, and the Camaro was traveling at 55 MPH

if they did do a 55mph rollover test ...without the roll bar? do you think that would be a top ten safe car america? i think not!

is it just me or did the help get there quicker than their start to rest run......?

Watch This 1800-Horsepower Camaro Flip off a Runway at Nearly 200 mph

You might think drag runway racing is an easy sport. Point the car straight and mash the gas, right? That might very well be true, if you're hitting the strip in your 155-horsepower Miata. When you're driving an 1800-horsepower Chevrolet Camaro, however, the margins for error become a lot slimmer. Nacho Bernal found out what happened when he lost control of his purpose-built drag missile while going almost 200.

The crash happened at what looks to be a recent NARA Speed sanctioned runway racing event. Bernal, along with his passenger, are setting a time in his fully built twin-turbo racing Camaro at a closed airfield. Everything seems to go well during the actual run, but once he crosses the finish line and taps the brakes, it all goes sideways—literally.

The car flies off the runway at 195 miles per hour, flipping and rolling before coming to a stop upside down. Bernal is unhurt, but his passenger is knocked unconscious. Both men end up being okay, but it was a very scary sight nonetheless. Thankfully, paramedics were on scene immediately, and were able to get everyone to safety.

It wasn't all luck that saved Bernal and his passenger from serious injury. The Camaro was adequately equipped with safety gear like a 6-point roll bar and 5-point racing harnesses. This should be a lesson for anyone looking to make huge power to field at a runway event.

• The owner of the car is still investigating why a sudden brake failure caused his wildly expensive Chevy Camaro to crash at nearly 200 mph.

It turns out that a 5th generation Chevy Camaro SS tuned by the guys at CSM recently took it to the Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack in Colorado to see what it’s really capable of, and it turned out actually quite a bit.

The 1,500 horsepower highly-tuned, or should I say, completely rebuilt twin-turbo LSX motor achieved 195 mph after crossing the finish line, when the driver started the slowing down sequence and noticed a brake failure. At that point he also experienced a browning of the pants failure when one of the front tires locked up, which caused the Camaro to veer sideways and eventually flip on its roof.

• What Caused 1,500 HP Camaro to Crash at 195 MPH? - ChevroletForum

The fierce action took place on the Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack in Colorado, an event that also saw a twin-turbo Lamborghini Gallardo setting a new half-mile world record with a trap speed of 240 mph. Fortunately, though, the Lambo didn't experience any trouble over the weekend.

Ironically, Nacho managed to set a new Camaro half-mile world record, going home with a trophy alongside the crash memories. Check out the piece of footage below for a downright frightening in-car view of the unfortunate event.

Read more: 1,500 HP Camaro Sets 1/2-Mile Record, Gets Totaled in 200 MPH Crash: Driver OK

they were lucky it was sanctioned and emergency crews were close enough to respond as they did.....

the new camaro is what 90 percent plastic anyways....he could've been doin 95 and the car would look like that

My 2014 Camaro is made from mostly steel and aluminum. Bumper covers are plastic, and some of the black exterior trim is plastic too, but the rest is all metal. They're actually very solid cars and they're quite safe in the event of a crash. Breakaway motor mounts, hooks that keep the hood from cutting your head off, airbags in the seats, etc.

When the dust settles, it may look like a crumpled tin can, but you'll likely walk away.

I still wouldn't want to crash at almost 200 mph in one though.

-
Back