Camshaft instal inquiry

-
I’d give my left arm for 2 tenths! But thats me. not really important for you. The driveshaft cost is not insignificant and they are the same to rebuilt. Different parts, but operate the same. So if you rebuilt one you can do the other. Cost for a driveshaft and they won’t blow up is the two real important things for you. Power level has nothing really to do with blowing up a 727.

Springs and jegs brand double roller timing chain ordered. Yay me!

Last edited:
I would recommend that you degree the cam when you install it. It helps you understand what’s going on with the motor and a small degree wheel and a piston stop are pretty cheap. Also if heaven forbid it doesn’t run right after it’s put together, you will at least be able to say without a doubt the cam is installed as designed. As Forest Gump said “one less thing to worry about”

I would recommend that you degree the cam when you install it. It helps you understand what’s going on with the motor and a small degree wheel and a piston stop are pretty cheap. Also if heaven forbid it doesn’t run right after it’s put together, you will at least be able to say without a doubt the cam is installed as designed. As Forest Gump said “one less thing to worry about”

Oh I'm going to enlist the help of a professional who has all the correct tools and knowledge for this project mr @70aarcuda that way I dont break anything :thumbsup:

@70aarcuda

Just what Tony needs... another car to work on!!! LOL

Tony is a great person and good that he is willing to help out. He won't steer you wrong.

@70aarcuda

Just what Tony needs... another car to work on!!! LOL

Tony is a great person and good that he is willing to help out. He won't steer you wrong.

That's awesome to hear as I'm good enough at steering myself in the wrong direction! At least we know where to find slurpees!

20200306_155357.jpg

-
Back