Can’t deal with this...

-

Hambony58

Reaction score
Question: has anybody installed racing style rigid mount seatbelts (Simpson) and then realized that they restrict your movement so much you can’t even reach to close the door? I am wondering if I could put a Retractor In between the mount for the Simpson harness and where it bolts onto the roll cage? Anybody have experience with this? Thanks in advance, hambony58.....Well it looks like I answered part of my own question, I went to take a photo and there really is not enough space between the mounting bracket and the back of the seat to put a retractor in. I will have to weld a crossbar to create enough space.

Question: has anybody installed racing style rigid mount seatbelts (Simpson) and then realized that they restrict your movement so much you can’t even reach to close the door? I am wondering if I could put a Retractor In between the mount for the Simpson harness and where it bolts onto the roll cage? Anybody have experience with this? Thanks in advance, hambony58.....Well it looks like I answered part of my own question, I went to take a photo and there really is not enough space between the mounting bracket and the back of the seat to put a retractor in. I will have to weld a crossbar to create enough space.
I bet if retractors were legal in the racing rules they would mention them. I bet they aren't.

Belts are doing what they are suppose to - restrict your movements in case of an accident. People have been hurt and died because they even left them a little loose!
Modifying the belts or the outlined installation instructions in any way is definitely illegal.
See if you can find a solution from the other end - add a strap or handle on the door, relocate or fab extensions for anything else, like switches.

We had a 5 point harness in my roundy round car and I wrecked one night and it wasn’t a hard wreck so we were able to fix the car for the consolation race. Once I buckled up we found that the rod for the safety net was bent. The only thing that could have contacted that net was my head which was 4” away when seated in the car with the belts tight. That’s how far my body stretched when I hit so you need those belts as tight as possible.

An example of "DAMN" was the video of the Blasphemi did an inadvertent wheelie and chute release. But you look at the chute lever in the car and it is a DEADLY dagger sticking up from the floor.

finnigan.jpg

No help here , but I did have to move my cheeta shifter back in the stock console to reach it when buckled up.

Close door then buckle up! Many times have had to unbuckle to close door.

-
Back