Can anyone i.d. these for me?

-

67Dart440GT

Seriously Long Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am going to sell these and just wondering if anyone happens to know the application?

Thanks!

20230102_113954.jpg

20230102_113959.jpg

20230102_114008.jpg

Are those for an A body? I don’t recognize the large undersize mounting plate and nut.

Fender top turn signal indicators. Have them on my 72 duster. Repops are not cheap…
I figured they were a body. I got them in a pile of fender signal lamps I bought. Any idea on a value for these? They need to be painted but otherwise seem pretty decent.

They're for 1971 (possibly '70) Barracuda/Cuda and 1971 (maybe 1972 as well) Satellite/Road Runner/GTX. I can't recall seeing them on an A-body, and I can't speak for our ocean-going brethren (C-bodies), but they're definitely Plymouth-specific centered around 1971.
One of few instances when the fender-mount indicators were available in either body color or chrome.

They're for 1971 (possibly '70) Barracuda/Cuda and 1971 (maybe 1972 as well) Satellite/Road Runner/GTX. I can't recall seeing them on an A-body, and I can't speak for our ocean-going brethren (C-bodies), but they're definitely Plymouth-specific centered around 1971.
One of few instances when the fender-mount indicators were available in either body color or chrome.
Thank you!

This in the one on my car (which really needs a bath)

So I maybe wrong…

Those are the 1973-'80 "universal" indicators. 1972 & older units had no exposed fasteners. What's different about the ones @67Dart440GT has, specifically, is their length and recessed lenses. The standard 1969-'72 indicators used on everything else (except C-body/Imperial) are similar to his, but they're shorter with a flush lens:

s-l1600.jpg

I would love to have a set of the ones in the original post for my Challenger, even though they're incorrect. It's a '74, so it came with the exposed-screw type like what you've got.

Last edited:
When I did a quick Google for 71 cuda fender signals they came right up.

Thanks the help!

Those are the 1973-'80 "universal" indicators. 1972 & older units had no exposed fasteners. What's different about the ones @67Dart440GT has, specifically, is their length and recessed lenses. The standard 1969-'72 indicators used on everything else (except C-body/Imperial) is similar to his, but they're shorter with a flush lens::thumbsup:

View attachment 1716029793

I would love to have a set of the ones in the original post for my Challenger, even though they're incorrect. It's a '74, so it came with the exposed-screw type like what you've got.
Good to know.

What puzzles me is the rear locating pin, which means the car had 3 holes in the fender not 2. Definitely not the 72 and earlier a-body piece.

They are 71-2 Plymouth B/E body. I think also 71 Challenger 340 only. 70 Cuda are a tad shorter.
A body are chrome.
73-up has the screw in the top like in post #7 All models.
1672703209485.jpeg

Last edited:
Those are the 1973-'80 "universal" indicators. 1972 & older units had no exposed fasteners. What's different about the ones @67Dart440GT has, specifically, is their length and recessed lenses. The standard 1969-'72 indicators used on everything else (except C-body/Imperial) are similar to his, but they're shorter with a flush lens:

View attachment 1716029793

Everything else except 70-72 Cuda and 71-2 Plymouth B body.

I think the 71 cuda ones are one year only. They are slimmer and shorter. 73 changed to the fat ones. The 73+ ones are repopped in metal, I have bought them.

The 73+ ones are repopped in metal, I have bought them.
Good to know. I've only seen the plastic ones.

The '70 Cuda & '70-'71 Challenger used a specific number, which is simply a painted version of the basic chrome 1969-'72 Dart part (same outer casting, different finish):

cudaturn.JPG

The lone '70 E-body exception was the '70 Challenger A66 (340 package) which used the standard chrome '69-'72 Dart-style parts. All 1972 E-bodies also used those parts.

The ones that started the post are technically 1971 only, Valiant/Duster and Barracuda/Cuda only. The Satellite/RR/GTX had the same lens/base and outer hood, but much longer pigtails:

rrturn.JPG

The wire length is the only difference, along with the outer braided shield on the B-body version. Full-size '71 Plymouths used the B-body parts (on non-bulge-hood cars).

In 1972, the assembly part number changed (probably a minor change like wire length or shield) but the visible parts have the same appearance. In 1972 they were used on 2dr Plymouth B only. All 1972 A, E, Dodge B-bodies, and non-coupe Plymouth B-cars used the basic chrome ones in post #8 above (a.k.a. '69-'72 Dart style) including Cuda. There are part number differences for wire length, but the visible parts are the same.

It's all pretty straightforward with the parts books and a little image searching, except for the chrome ones. I've seen a pair of 'em, but I have no idea what the application might've been... or if someone just had theirs chromed.

1971 C-body Plymouth also used those painted style ones, however the wire pigtail could be a different length.

Good info NoCar340.
I was mainly referring to the head units and not the harnesses.
I wasn't sure on 70-1 Challenger, I've built mostly Cudas and I figured I had the 340 thing backwards. Are you sure the 72 Cudas weren't the painted ones like the Plymouth B's?
My 70-71 FPM shows the chrome ones for Valiant/Duster. I've never seen painted ones on them myself. The 2 Dusters I've owned with them had chrome ones.
On the 71-2 Plymouth B's placement was determined by hood. Satellite flat hood and A/G hoods had them on the fenders. Standard RR hood had them on the hood. I've owned over 20 of the 71-2 Plymouth B's.
I had a 1969 D200 Camper Special 383/727 A/C that had the little chrome ones on the hood. Talk about some long *** wire leads.
I have a gal ice cream bucket of each type. I should dig them out someday.

-
Back