Can anyone identify this car?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what year, make and model this car is.

This is my Wife's Grandfather standing in front of his garage with his prized moonshine running car.
I remember him telling me what it was when I was dating my wife in highschool but I can't remember and he is no longer alive.

He told me he got busted once for his still but he had a backup that nobody knew about.
He also had jars of money he would bury all over the place but his sinister son pretty much found all of them with his metal detector.

He used to love telling stories of him running shine during and after prohibition.

He was a second generation Italian and was born here after his Parents were in the states for a few years.
He used to call me crazy horse in Italian but I won't dare try to spell how it sounded....LOL.

imagejpg1_zps7587643c.jpg

I think it is about a 193sumffin Hudson.

Yup. here is a 37 Dodge. Looks about right.

Attachments

• 37 Dodge.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 328
The 37 Plymouth is closer. the grill is more rounded on the top corners. I think this is it.

Attachments

• 1937 Plymouth.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 320
It's a 37 Plymouth. The hood ornament gives it away. I love those old Plymouth hood ornaments, you wouldn't believe the number of people who don't understand them.

Attachments

• plymouth_35-42_Hood_ornament_1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 283
I'm a little late coming to the party, but knew it was a '37 Plymouth as soon as I saw the pic 'cause my late Inland Mopars Car Club buddy had a gorgeous 2-door P4 slantback - all-Mopar street rod version.
Here's a few pics. Oh yeah, it's still for sale if anyone may be interested...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=254308

Man what a beauty.
Could you imagine the look on my Wife's grandpas face if I pulled up in his driveway with that thing......if he were still with us, of course.

It is definitely a 37 Plymouth. I have the 1937 Plymouth P4 coupe. I am planning on bringing it to Carlisle to sell. It is a true rust bucket but I have collected many parts. I have far too many projects and need to weed them out.

-
Back