Can I please get some help here???

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I have been a member here since October 2009,. I have NEVER asked for any help from anyone out here and have helped out some out here when I can and will continue to do so when I can. I really am in a spot now and am trying to build my small business and need some help in getting considered for a Small Business Grant.
There are other businesses here who are also in the running for one of the 12 grants which will be awarded and these other business are getting a lot of help here. Even though my business is not automotive related, it is still a service oriented business and I am looking to grow this business.
As stated before, If I were to get a grant I will be looking to expand my customer base and have the option to get work in other states. If I do get this grant I would be looking to set up someone with a truck and tools and training to run their own Appliance Repair/Installation business. I am serious about this. I want to help out someone who is motivated and wants to earn cash on their own. For those who have already voted for me Thank You very much for your support. All I need is votes!!!!!
Please support my small business. Just click the mission small business link and it will take you to the page where you can log in using your face book password and type my name, not my business name. Enter in Thomas Monaco in the field and it will take you to a page where you can vote for my small business. Please help me out!! I only got 39 votes and need a lot of support. Voting closes out at the end of this month and I am running out of time. Thanks in advance.

https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/

Done! Good luck!

We all support one another. Please chip in and help a fellow FABO member and just as important a small business owner/operator.

Tom it's says you have 44 votes. Every vote helps.

Come on guys- time to step up and help a brother out! Not like it costs anything-just a minute of keyboard thumping- and yes I already voted for him! (And Leanna and Mike as well)

OK Tom, I'm number 50!! Sorry I missed this the first time around!! I voted for MRL performance too!! Good luck with the grant!! Geof

Did it Tom. Anyone with Facebook should be able to vote pretty quickly. Here's a quote from the original thread that had some "technical difficulties " : * Tell us about your business; how successful is it and why is it unique?

I started my business 8 years ago with $800.00 and a bag of tools after working for several years in this field for other contractors. I never thought I could get my own business started and after several yrs of installing and learning to repair all kitchen appliances, I took the challenge and opened my business. My field of work is very unique because I get the opportunity to provide a service that gives my customers the satisfaction of upgrading their homes and gives me the opportunity in knowing I had a little part in helping them accomplish this goal.

* How is your business involved with the community you serve?

I have given away many very good quality appliances to my church for distribution to needy families. I also have on several occasions, completed several installations for customers and provided extra service work for a reduced rate or for free. This can be verified through my extensive customer database. I also have given to local charities in my community when the opportunity presents itself Last year some members of my church and myself built a shed on a military members home. He was wounded in Iraq.

* What would a $250k grant mean to your business plan and how will you utilize the funds to ensure long-term growth and stability?

I would immediately hire another installer to help me with my workload and I would upgrade my vehicle and add on another truck or two to help me grow my business. At this time, I am basically limited in taking on more territory due to the budget of my business is used to both keep the business running and to take care of my wife who is disabled and is not working and 14 yr old daughter and two grandchildren I have custody of (long term) I really would love to expand my business.

* What types of challenges can you identify with your plan and how will you overcome them?

The biggest challenges to my business at this time are lack of additional personnel and the lack of another vehicle to be able to sustain hiring on another employee. I can overcome this very easily with a grant and grow my business to the point of possibly expanding my customer base beyond North Carolina by advertising and hiring outside my area. I have several contacts for contracts in this field who would award me a contract if I had the ability to cover a larger area.

* Describe the talent on your team and how they make your business successful.

I am a sole proprietor at this time but can easily train and invest my talent in hiring and training other techs if given the opportunity. I would seek out people like myself who are career oriented and focused on building their future, not just working another job.

* Additional relevant information you would like to share

I would like to help out the economy by building my small business up and actually hire people who are interested in a career in appliance installations and repairs. If I could have my ultimate dream come true as a business owner it would be for me to be able to get contracts across the country and franchise out areas to put people to work. The work is out there is you want it. Small Businesses are the engine that keeps America Strong!!

I don't have a face book account...How else can I vote?

Neither did I but I joined to do this, then deleted my account after I voted. It didn't take long at all. You have to be a Facebook member to vote. Ask your friends who are Facebook members to do you a favor and vote.:cheers:

WOW!!!! Just got home from work and read this thread! THANK YOU ALL!!! Your support means that I may be able to hire on another employee. I also spoke to a Home Warranty Company today who is interested in setting me up with work in different areas if I can handle the workload. Keep the votes coming. Again a big Thank You to everyone for your support!!!! I knew my FABO family would support me if I asked.

-
Back