Can I run Race fuel in stroked 340(372)???

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Hi.I,ve got a stroked 340 pushin 450 horse.I,ve never ran the race fuel.Could it hurt the motor? How about 1/2 and 1/2 mixture?What are your thoughts on this?I feel kinda stupid asking,but i,m new to racing and need to learn more about fuels.Thanks for any help.

If it doesn't knock on pump gas, don't waste your money on race gas. It actually will make less hp if you use it. It is only called for if you get detonation. Actually the lowest octane thyat will keep you out of detonation will make the most hp. Higher octane only slows down the burn rate. If you have detonation problems, you could try mising a gallon or two to a tank of pump premium and see if it goes away. then go from there.

If it doesn't knock on pump gas, don't waste your money on race gas. It actually will make less hp if you use it. It is only called for if you get detonation. Actually the lowest octane thyat will keep you out of detonation will make the most hp. Higher octane only slows down the burn rate. If you have detonation problems, you could try mising a gallon or two to a tank of pump premium and see if it goes away. then go from there.

agree-------------whats your comp ratio pettyblu?

im running 92 pump with alum heads and 10.8:1

race gas has done nothing for my car----------except it smells awesome.

I,m running 10.5-11 to 1 compression.That,s what I was told by engine builder at time of dyno.I have no detonation so I guess I,ll stick with the 91 Shell.Aracing friend told me the Shell 91 burns cleaner than Sunoco 94.

-
Back