Can I see some pics of electric fuel pump mounting?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

Thinking of ditching the mechanical pump. Would like to be able to run an electric without sumping the tank.

What did you do?

Any pics/ideas/etc appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Hey All:

Thinking of ditching the mechanical pump. Would like to be able to run an electric without sumping the tank.

What did you do?

Any pics/ideas/etc appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

The best way to run with an elec. pump is a sump, I see cars have hoses running everywhere & the pumps mounted too high & making all kinds of noises, I hear of guys running a helper elec. for the mech., otherwize its just a crossover job when doing it right, I mount mine on the back side of the bumper behind the bracing, then run a cell, but with your car being so nice, I would just sump the tank, this way your not burchering up anything for mounting a cell, then mount the pump so it can be gravity fed & run the rest, it'll be nice & neat & the fuel exits out & "back" right down to the pump, thats the best way. I don't have any pics of mine that i saved, but i mounted a cell in the trunk.

Yeah, I really didn't want to run a sump. Been there done that.

Every day I get a little more convinced that my car isn't the right car for what I want to do with it -LOL. I should get something where I'm more willing to be free with the sawzall.

Maybe get another tank and sump it,remove your good (original one)for later.

Maybe time for another car,so you can build,hack into for what you really want?:burnout:

It doesn't show a whole lot of detail, but here's where I mounted mine. It's in the little pocket right in front of the rear leaf spring hanger where the nuts go that hold it in. Fits in there pretty well and doesn't really hang down that much, so it's pretty well protected, though I think I'll probably make a rock shield or something one of these days. It's acceptably loud compared to the other pumps I've tried. Had a Summit brand Holley style that sounded like the car was grinding gravel OVER open headers. You can hear the Carter at idle and from outside the car somewhat over the mufflers, but it's not bad at all cruising.

Attachments

• Fuel pump.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 659
Not best picture but I have it mounted on plate behind passenger side. Inlet is lower then sump from fuel cell in trunk

e64ba8da.jpg

Troy

fits perfect into the pocket infront if the spring and you just cut a section out of your stock steel line..

Attachments

• 100_4720.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 651
Yeah, I really didn't want to run a sump. Been there done that.

Every day I get a little more convinced that my car isn't the right car for what I want to do with it -LOL. I should get something where I'm more willing to be free with the sawzall.

I don't blame you steve, I wouldn't even think of hacking that car in any way, I'd either get a roller that can be hacked up or just sump the factory tank, You are getting down there on ET where its best to have a "good" fuel set-up, not meadiocre/half-azzed lol.

Ditto,on 805 and map63 install.Broke in my new 5.9 last weekend,used same pump/same location.Was worried about elec/pumps do not pull as well.as push.

-
Back