can I see your "rear" ????

-

jjj0923

Reaction score
the rear of your Duster/Dart, etc...

we're getting ready to fabricate a 3" dual exhaust system for my 71 Duster (tubbed) and I'd like to get an idea of how other people's cars look and where you've exited your pipes. This car had sides exhausts when I bought it that exited in front of the tires, but I'm really not a fan of that look. We'll be running 3 inch diameter pipe back and exiting straight out the back below the rear bumper. Any pictures would be helpful and appreciated.

thanks in advance.

getting1.jpg

first thing thats a KILLER looking car! and me myself couldn't decide either so i just ended it before axle with a 45 turndown bend at the end so you see no exhaust exit its hidden,

first thing thats a KILLER looking car! and me myself couldn't decide either so i just ended it before axle with a 45 turndown bend at the end so you see no exhaust exit its hidden,

Oh, I agree ... Wow-wee!!! That looks absolutely mean just sitting there. Any possibility of taking some video of it running and sharing?

I like the turn down before the axle "dumped" look myself where there is no pipes out the back. Some will say " The exhaust fumes will develop under there and will destroy your car and gas fumes will fill the cabin!" I don't have any thing tearing up or fumes choking me going down the road. I like the clean look of seeing no exhaust pipes myself but you might that look.

Cuda boot area 055.jpg

Oh, I agree ... Wow-wee!!! That looks absolutely mean just sitting there. Any possibility of taking some video of it running and sharing?

it'll be back on the road by 1/15/08 so if there's no snow or ice on the ground I'll do my best to get some video.

thanks

Nice Jeff! That thing does look bad a$$! Hopefully I'll get to see it in person someday since we're not too far away. Sorry I don't have any pics of my backside:mrgreen: - at least none that i want to show you guys.

I'm not sure how much you can tell from this picture, but I like the clean rear end look ... Current set up is Hooker headers, 2 1/2" exhaust w/ H pipe and no tail pipes ... When I do it over, I'll probably do an x pipe and end it the same way, except w/ 45 degree turndowns, mostly to keep the hot exhaust and crap from blowing directly onto the rear end housing...

DSC03744.JPG

Dam that's sweet! Of course I am biased having a Duster myself, lol! I just got it though, so no finished pics yet.

jjj,

That is a positively wicked looking Duster!

I also noticed that you have a pretty nice looking garage as well. Is there another tasty project lurking underneath the car cover?

john

I have 3" tubing on my 68 Barracuda out to the back with chrome tips. As the tubes start to turn up over the axle, I `ve installed flanges so if I want to remove the tailpipes/exhaust system it`s a matter of taking the header and tailpipe flanges loose and sliding the tips from their hangers.

-
Back