Can I use F Body spindles?

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
I would like to start getting parts ready for a BBP disc brake conversion. I have heard some debate on using the F body spindles. I have a 77 Aspen in the yard I can take parts off of and if I can use those spindles I will.
Do I still need 73+ UCA's or can I use the F body ones?
Can I really use the F body spindles or should I be looking for A body spindles?
What else do I need?
thanks.

From what I have heard you need the a body stuff. Lets see some pics of the aspen.

I've used both A and the FMJ spindles, never really noticed any difference.

You will need the 73-76 A body BBJ upper arms. If you need a set, I have a pair available.

How much for the arms? Shipping to San Diego 92103?

How much for the arms shipped to Ontario Canada N0H1W0? Here is a pic of the Aspen....

S4022415.JPG

And also, if I use the spindles, will the brakes work as well? Could the Aspen brakes work on A body spindles?

F body brakes and rotors work fine. I prefer slider style calipers vs. the pin style. If you have a 68-72 front sway bar, you must mount the calipers to the rear or shorten the lower control arm attaching link.

Upper arms would be $115 shipped via USPS. Looks like shipping is about $35.

Let me know.

good to know, I was always under the impression that you couldn't swap between bodies. I do know the calipers on '76 A bodies are the same for F bodies.

I do know the calipers on '76 A bodies are the same for F bodies.

they look the same but i believe the piston size is different and the hose location is in a different place.

in '76 they switched to the same size piston, for A bodies it was a one year only part. When I worked at a retail parts store I looked them up and they were the same part #.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?PartType=5003&PTSet=A&SearchFor=Caliper

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?PartType=5003&PTSet=A&SearchFor=Caliper

Using a '73 '74 power master with the smaller bore and the '76-F body pistons with the larger bore is a common upgrade to make the breaks feel as thought they are power breaks without having the twitchiness of the booster.

the camber is different on the f body spindles
read ricks article in mopar action archives
mike DISC-O-TECH

-
Back