Can someone categorize clusters/ dash frames?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I keep thinking the Valiant style cluster would be a lot easier to deal with for a custom dash. Obviously, that won't fit a 67 Dart dash frame. And, a Ralleye dash sometimes is appealing. I realize that makes at least 3 major mounting differences, plus the change in 70 for the column mount ignition

So from 67---76, just how many unique dash frames and clusters were there between the various types?

I keep thinking the Valiant style cluster would be a lot easier to deal with for a custom dash. Obviously, that won't fit a 67 Dart dash frame. And, a Ralleye dash sometimes is appealing. I realize that makes at least 3 major mounting differences, plus the change in 70 for the column mount ignition

So from 67---76, just how many unique dash frames and clusters were there between the various types?
I have a frame from a 71 Scamp. I think a Plymouth frame is the same from 70-73. Dart frames maybe the same
from 67-73. 74-76 frames maybe the same for both Dodge and Plymouth. These would be standard frames. I could
be wrong.

67 frames are different at glove box door and climate controller mounting. Those features more similar to 66.
68 frames are different from others at lower dash pads, radio and much more.
69 is again different from 67 and 68. Standard and rally makes all those times 2.
70/71 standard and rally are at least 2 more.
Then the differences in dash frames ( hole patterns ) for trim bezels. I'm not sure what year the full woodgrain bezels appeared but I know 73 had both with and without.
Seems I recall a slight difference in the shape/size of the standard inst' panel/bezel, and opening in the dash of course, in very latest model(s). Changed in 75 or was it 76 only? Wherever the foot operated park brake is/was. Short answer is quite a few.

I think it boils down to if you have sweeping speedo or not. I have a 70 Dart with the sweeping speedo. I ended up with a 75duster dash so I could do custom gauges. I did have to get 73+ heater controls because the 70 mounting is different, other than that piece of cake.

Maybe I should have limited this to 67--69 Dodge/Plymouth/ Barracuda. I was thinking Valiant, and of course need a dash mount ignition switch, unless I go to some trick hidden/ keypad etc The whole deal is that the construction of the Dart cluster makes custom panels a "pane" (pun intended lol)

-
Back