Can someone explain...............

-

swifter

Reaction score
What Deep staging means???? How can u deep stage?????? Thanks Steve

When you stage a tree you light the first bulb "pre stage" then you pull a little forward and light the second bulb "staged". If you pull a little more forward the first bulb will go out. "Deep staged"

Pretty much you will shorten the amount of time between your reaction and breaking the light.

You are more likely to red light and some races don't allow it. But, you can gain a slight edge if you are very consistent.

You roll through the lights until you turn the top amber out and leave the bottom amber on. It helps reaction time but hurts your 60 ft times.

You roll through the lights until you turn the top amber out and leave the bottom amber on. It helps reaction time but hurts your 60 ft times.

OK, let's clarify this. This might SHOW UP as improved reaction times on the slip, but "does it help" win races? I was always under the impression "no."

For one thing, shallow staging gives you that few inches to move BEFORE you red light. It also gives you a few inches "run" out of the hole, however small, before the clocks start, or red light.

OK, let's clarify this. This might SHOW UP as improved reaction times on the slip, but "does it help" win races? I was always under the impression "no."

For one thing, shallow staging gives you that few inches to move BEFORE you red light. It also gives you a few inches "run" out of the hole, however small, before the clocks start, or red light.

I agree.

How your car reacts and launches all has to be factored. I was a little off and my car always spun hard. Deep staging help me win plenty of races 25+ years ago. Course that has been a debate for ages.

THanks Guy's--That makes sense,I have seen it in various threads but didn't
know what it meant,Thanks for not beating me up,I'm new to this--Steve

LOL! Well, we all gottaear. Some how and here is a good spot. We were all roomies on e before and shame on those who forget.

Now go win some races!!!!!

Deep staging....first you have to know what the staging beams look like (2 sets of beams about 6-8 inches apart). When your tire rolls into the first beam the pre stage light turns on (the top lights on the tree)...as you inch forward and break the second beam the staged lights come on (a.k.a. fully staged, second set of bulbs turn on). If you inch forward a little more until the tire rolls out of the pre-stage beam then the top staging lights (a.k.a. pre-stage lights) will go out...that is what we call "deep staged". Since your RT starts after your car rolls out of the second staging beams, deep staging will greatly reduce your RT. The only time I deep stage is if I'm running a 0.400 pro tree, otherwise I go red...but that's just me with my car. Your results will vary depending on the car and driver.

Here is some good reading for ya.

http://www.staginglight.com/guide/react.html

Attachments

• 0505-tech-roll-beamjpg-photo-88483-s-original.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 221
Deep staging also helps on car's that don't react well , have good weight transfer, but mainly to help your reaction time. Our tracks around here you have to put "DEEP" on the window if you want to deep stage

Deep staging also helps on car's that don't react well , have good weight transfer, but mainly to help your reaction time. Our tracks around here you have to put "DEEP" on the window if you want to deep stage

At Memphis Motor Speedway Deep is what they put on my truck I raced there one time just to get me a good reaction time slip, I knew I had 1/8 mile gears but I just wanted a good reaction time slip :-D Deep stage baby :cheers:

It also increases your E.T. You do not get a rolling start at the last beam. In the 1/8 mile it can make your car about a tenth slower.

It's a good way to cut a light in a slow car. If you're running bracket racing a fast ET doesn't matter anyways. I used it when I was running my mid 15 sec. Dart to get an .080 on a Pro tree.

It also puts you just a little bit closer to the finish line.........

-
Back