Can someone tell me what A/C compressors I have?

-

Wizard

Reaction score
I have 3 A/C pumps with these part numbers. Can someone decode them or can someone tell me what the difference in A/C pumps are? Big pumps. Little pumps? What is correct way to identify which pumps go to A,B, or C body?

The part numbers on them listed right under the S/N# are.

P/N# 2843602

P/N# 2865391 V

P/N# 295119

Thnks,

Wizard

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture 009.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Picture 010.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Picture 011.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Picture 012.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Picture 013.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 208
  • Picture 014.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Picture 015.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 016.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Picture 017.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 189
Hey Mr. Wizard.

Some pictures may get you more responses.

i have 3 a/c pumps with these part numbers. Can someone decode them or can someone tell me what the difference in a/c pumps are? Big pumps. Little pumps? What is correct way to identify which pumps go to a,b, or c body?

The part numbers on them listed right under the s/n# are.

P/n# 2843602

p/n# 2865391 v

p/n# 295119

thnks,

wizard

V2. There is a number missing on this 295119.

On one of those, it looks very rusty. I would be worried that the clutches are rusty and won't engage/disengage.

I wouldn't put any of those heavy beasts on my cars, plus the rust. A Sanden is the way to go today (lighter and more efficient) and you can get after-market brackets for any engine. If you want a concours restore, I can see using an RV2, but I think AC brackets and pulleys varied over the years so research that.

I was at the Chrysler as Carlisle show at my spots and someone told me one of them is for A-body and the other one with the cast heavy duty bracket is for a early 60's car. Not sure what the big one goes to but probably a C-body. I love R-12 and wish I could find someone to put in R-12. Going to get these rebuilt and completly done over.

Wizard

HC refrigerants are an option. They cool even better than R-12. R-134A is soon to be outlawed (bad greenhouse gas). I use Duracool. A parallel flow condenser is 30% better.

What are HC refrigerants and do you have any specs comparing it temperature wise to R-12?

Put that rustball on it. It looks great.

I was at the Chrysler as Carlisle show at my spots and someone told me one of them is for A-body and the other one with the cast heavy duty bracket is for a early 60's car. Not sure what the big one goes to but probably a C-body. I love R-12 and wish I could find someone to put in R-12. Going to get these rebuilt and completly done over.

Wizard

I would hate to put much money in them. The one for my Barracuda less the clutch only costs $134.99 walk in retail at Oreilly's.

-
Back