Can your machineist fix this?

-

chlngr1970

Reaction score
So, I started taring down my 400 to send to the machine shop. I came across this

Think it is fixable?

Guess I just need to find me another 400 block :angry7: What sucks is, I have no idea how to get ahold of the guy I bought it from now, and doubt I could get anything anyway This was supposed to be buildable...

:(

j

Guess I dont have to tell you, with the crack running through the deck like that, a sleeve isnt gonna help, thats junk.

looks like what a buddy of mine did one time, thought he pulled all the head bolts and went ahead with a chisel in between the head and block. started smacking it with a BFH then he heard a cracking sound. pulled the head and it still had part of the block bolted to the head!

looks like what a buddy of mine did one time, thought he pulled all the head bolts and went ahead with a chisel in between the head and block. started smacking it with a BFH then he heard a cracking sound. pulled the head and it still had part of the block bolted to the head!

That just sent chills up my spine!:munky2:

Here's some bad pics of the one I have. Come see it if you want. The white is just oversrpay from a paint project.

P1020856 (Medium).JPG

P1020855 (Medium).JPG

P1020858 (Medium).JPG

P1020859 (Medium).JPG

P1020864 (Medium).JPG

Saturday may turn out to be a short day. If so, Saturday afternoon/Evening ok with you? I'd be coming from West Seattle as that is where my job is. I don't know if they will have be doing anything after or not. I'll call you and let you know.

j

I met up with Red today. It was good to meet someone from the board, that has a love for these old cars. Thanks to Red for the great deal on the motor. If you decide you need some Home Entertainment work done, don't hesitate to give me a holler. If I can't do it, I know how to make it happen, and I bet I can get you a good deal.

And, thanks again for those 318 rods and pistons. I'll see if I can get something together with them :)

j

Right on. I like your post here. We sure have some good people on this site. That sucks about your first 400 block. But it looks like you got another one that will do the trick.

-
Back