Can't see my dashboard at night !!!

-

68CUDA/6VERT

Reaction score
It is rare for me to use my car when it is late enough to need the dashboard lights. So tonight when I was driving home -- the darker it got the tougher it
was to see the dash. It was then I noticed that many of the lights are out.

Car is a 68 Barracuda.

How difficult is it to change the lights? I don't want to mess up the dash as all of my instruments on the panel work. It looks like it is just a few screws and the dash should pull out. Anyone have any experience with this? I haven't changed a dashboard light in 30 years.

Yes it's very easy I've done it several times on my '70 Duster, it makes it a lot easier if you remove the steering column bolts first and lower the column a bit. Also watch for the speedo cable, try to pull it out of the gauge from underneath the dash before you try to pull out the instrument panel.

I got led bulbs in mine you can get 194 led on ebay for a couple dollars you can change them without pulling the dash if you have small long fingers and patience. These bulbs really light up good at night. I have 67 barracuda and no what your talking about.

It is rare for me to use my car when it is late enough to need the dashboard lights. So tonight when I was driving home -- the darker it got the tougher it
was to see the dash. It was then I noticed that many of the lights are out.

Car is a 68 Barracuda.

How difficult is it to change the lights? I don't want to mess up the dash as all of my instruments on the panel work. It looks like it is just a few screws and the dash should pull out. Anyone have any experience with this? I haven't changed a dashboard light in 30 years.
Being a 68 Barracuda with the lower dash pads,I would remove the left lower pad before damaging it when removing the cluster.JMO.:D

There are a total of 8 bulbs in that rally panel. 4 are indicators and 4 are illumination.
Sylvania #2825 is a slightly brighter than OEM long life bulb. Approx' 5.50 per pair everywhere.
I choose to remove the panel and replace all 8 at once.

-
Back