Can't Sell Parts

-
And you think you're the only member we got in jersey?
I figured they'd see the ads on CL.

Many people seem to cart around junk to swap meets loading, unloading, loading back up, unloading, reloading, posting ads, spending time dealing with tire kickers, haggling, all the while having a mindset of "I've got to get x amount of dollars for such and such" blah blah blah, flea market comes to mind. I mean, I wanna get rid of ****, i dump it, got better things to do, like stare at the wall and drool.....money under the bridge. Take it to a sale one time and dump it, I'm done with it. To cart **** back and forth like some of these guys do good Lord! Half the **** you can't give away, but keep carting it around like its a retirement plan? In general..... LOL:realcrazy:
I remember seeing a guy at flea markets selling engines. He'd haul those things all around AND unload them to display them!

is this the hood? if so its a really small market of people that will want that thing.. plus only a single picture. no underside pics?

if its been for sale that long then yes its priced too high...

DUSTER/VALIANT FIBERGLASS HOOD

View attachment 1715190774

the doors?? again shitty pictures.. ni inside pics or pics of the rust repair needed...

73-76 Duster-Dart Sport Doors
Yeah, thats the stuff. I didn't post many photos because I can always send someone more if they're interested.

I've been told in the past that I give away stuff with value or I sell stuff too cheap. Can't win! If they have no value, no problem. I just didn't want to throw out something with value.
It says on the hood ad to make an offer, because I want it gone. Crickets.
I'm going to add to the door ad that I want them gone, make an offer. Also going to lower the prices on both ads. They're my way.
I've cleared out my garage over the last year or so by selling on CL. Not all Mopar stuff, but it has worked. Definitely some crazies! I only meet them at my house if I can't easily move the item.
I drove to North Jersey to buy a pair of decent 72 doors. Paid $100. I had a hard time getting together with the guy. Geez, I'm trying my best to give you $100!

Last edited:
Simple car market. IF you want it, it's top dollar. Go to sell it, can't get a look for 1/2 price.

You should see the crap in the trash cans after Pomona Swap meet. Sometimes its piled next to it. Old tires, rims, boxes of chemicals, batteries. You could probably still sell half that stuff on Ebay. I saw a set of steelies that I swore I made an offer on and he told me no. "Id rather junk it (or scrap it) than sell it for that price.." That's just stupid.

Sheetmetal is cumbersome at best and gets in the way.... Unless your items are the holy grail that people really need you may sit on the stuff for a while even if you put an aggressive price on it. That just the way it goes....

But if it gets in the way and you keep moving things around to make room while the stuff is invading your space sometimes you need to just let it go and let your stuff become beer cans or toilet handles... That just the way it goes....

JW

I have sold a fair amount at the mopar shows in my area, but often times the big "dealer" guys roll up as your coming in and getting set up, and I sell about 1/2 what I bring to them right off the get go. I don't get "full retail " that way, but I don't carry it back home either!

You should see the crap in the trash cans after Pomona Swap meet. Sometimes its piled next to it. Old tires, rims, boxes of chemicals, batteries. You could probably still sell half that stuff on Ebay. I saw a set of steelies that I swore I made an offer on and he told me no. "Id rather junk it (or scrap it) than sell it for that price.." That's just stupid.
I remember as a vendor at englishtown in the 90s seeing that same thing with vendors leaving early sunday. There was stuff people would leave behind. i'd cart over to my sale spot, put stupid cheap prices on it, and sell it that day.

Sheetmetal is cumbersome at best and gets in the way.... Unless your items are the holy grail that people really need you may sit on the stuff for a while even if you put an aggressive price on it. That just the way it goes....

But if it gets in the way and you keep moving things around to make room while the stuff is invading your space sometimes you need to just let it go and let your stuff become beer cans or toilet handles... That just the way it goes....

JW

I have scrapped plenty because it does get in the way. I may be doing that with dodge daytona shelby stuff soon.

interested in the hood. And I will buy the fenders if you still have them. PM'd you my number call me with an address I will bring cash.

Oldmanmopar and his wife drove here (Cape May) today to pick up the hood (I'm using the fenders) and enjoy a day at the Jersey Shore.
I gave it to him. I paid $200 for the hood and fenders, so it's the same as me paying $200 for just the (new 'glass) fenders.
I'm mostly just glad that it's going to be put to good use.

Steve and Cathy are very nice MOPAR people!

Enjoyed meeting you both!

Also, I took the doors to the scrap yard. More room in the garage!

All along, it wasn't about the money. I just didn't want to scrap perfectly serviceable parts. But there doesn't seem to be a market for the doors. I don't have room, or I would've stashed them somewhere.

Thank for all the opinions and advice. It helped me reach a decision.

What a lot of people in this thread aren't realizing, or at least verbalizing, is that cl sales are down all over.

Hello Facebook Marketplace.

Thanks for the hood Dave. I will send you any parts you need for your car. I love your Mustang. Having that car since new and making it what it is must have been fun 11's is impressive.

My wife has your list of parts you need and as soon as I get them cut off they will be boxed and sent. Tail light brackets, wire harness, , interior rear panels. Some other parts i didn't see on your car you may need i will send are. rear bumper end brackets, front and rear side markers, licence plate light and rear corner bumper pad spacers.

This is the 70 I am stripping. Any parts you need off the body just let me know I am only keeping the drive line parts for my Demon.

It was great meeting you and guys like you are always remembered. Not many are as generous as you Thanks so much for the hood and a great day at Cape May with my wife. Oh yeah we did get lost going home but that was the best part of the day. Ended up on 40 west. I must have switched my GPS to no toll roads when punching in my daughters address. Thanks again Steve

DSCF0085[1].jpg

DSCN0151[1].jpg

DSCN0152[1].jpg

DSCN0153[1].jpg

Geez Steve. All of that's totally unnecessary, but I certainly appreciate it. I'll owe YOU money!
I'm good on the rear bumper end brackets, front and rear side markers, license plate light and rear corner bumper pad spacers. I have them in the attic.
My wife and I take day trips here and there during the summer. If we go your way, I'll let you know.
And thanks for the bodywork tips. I'm a bit over my head on that stuff.
(I think I just hijacked my own thread!)

-
Back