Capping off all those vacuum ports on BBD carter atop my Slant

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
Ok so I have the BBD super six setup running good on my 66 slanted dart. I had to cap off about 5 unused vacuum ports on that carb, and I used these Dorman HELP multi pack of rubber caps.
Now 1 year later, all of the little rubber caps are cracking and leaking. Is there a better quality rubber cap out there that will last longer than these Dorman POSs? HELP.

you can cap 4 four of them off, just by plugging two vacuum hoses unto on, and looping back into the other

you can cap 4 four of them off, just by plugging two vacuum hoses unto on, and looping back into the other
If you do this be sure to put ported vacuum to ported and direct to direct or you will create a vacuum leak at idle. The answer is find old caps from a shop nearby pr Ebay and then they will last.

McMaster-Carr and others sell silicone caps instead of rubber. They're great and last forever

Ask a CATV installer for the rubber cap off the end of a new box of coax. Works great on the larger EGR ports. I seem to always have a golf tee handy for an emergency plug.

If i try to loop one port to the other port....how do I know if it is direct vacuum vs ported vacuum? And they are all different diameters.

Get the silicone caps that last, or, just cut a shot piece of vacuum line and shove something in the other end to plug it, like the head of a nail or a BB

-
Back