Car Accident = car gone

-
I was told scrap cars were worth $270 a ton at a local pick a part

get the body checked out, wife got rearended last year and ended up with having her SI joint fused, doc thinks the seat belt caused her to twist and damage the SI joint.

Do you have all your receipts?
When my bike got totaled, the insurance low balled me at $2200.00
I had all my receipts ended up getting $3800.00 out of the bike.

I have every recipt of what I've done to the car, I also have 17 pics of the damage. The front end has little to no bondo, floors had 1 quater sized rust hole. and I've painted the damn thing this past summer. Been to the Dr and I'm a ok. The police station was a bit different... they didn't make any kind of report and said if I wanted them to make one they had to cite both of us for wreckless driving, so I got that in writting, waiting for paperwork from the other guy's insurance since they ruled it was 100% his fault. Then I think I may goto a lawyer.

I have every recipt of what I've done to the car, I also have 17 pics of the damage. The front end has little to no bondo, floors had 1 quater sized rust hole. and I've painted the damn thing this past summer. Been to the Dr and I'm a ok. The police station was a bit different... they didn't make any kind of report and said if I wanted them to make one they had to cite both of us for wreckless driving, so I got that in writting, waiting for paperwork from the other guy's insurance since they ruled it was 100% his fault. Then I think I may goto a lawyer.

How could they cite you for wreckless driving if he rear ended you while he was on the cell phone?

Show up the dang pictures...​

Please!!!!​

If you have any receipts for any work done to your car, start copying them and send them in to the insurance company. Add up the total sum of the receipts spent on the vehicle and then give them the only choice that they have. Pay you the total amount of receipts plus value of the car or you will see them in court.

I had a truck get totaled years ago and was offered 9 grand. They told me no blue book price and compared it to one with 150 thousand miles that was 4 sale at 9 grand. I found others with still more miles than mine but less than 100 thou and told them pay me 14 thou as that was an average of the other trucks I had shown them or fix mine. I received a check for 14 thou within 2 days.

You do not have to accept settlement. I let a 64 polara sit in a lot for 6 mos. till they saw it my way. They had to pay storage for almost what I finally settled for. Morons!

Same thing happened to me in my blue Mustang convertible two years ago, only the guy was roaring through a parking lot driveway late for work and hit me head on. I had just had the car painted and had driven it less than 50 miles and was literally in the parking lot of the tire shop for new tires.
When his insurance company low balled me, I DEMANDED that they repair the car or find an equal replacement and pay to paint it complete. Seems, at least in this state, there's something written about making you whole if you are not at fault. Not only did they pay to have it fixed (I got lucky, there was no structural damage to the engine box or suspension), I even got them to pay the cost of my air fare and a rental car as I was leaving on vacation that very day.
I did settle for an ill fitting aftermarket bumper cover because the repair shop claimed they couldn't find a good used original one and I was tired of waiting.
You should be able to force them (the insurance company) to repair the car, or come up with enough money to find something as good or better to replace it. Good luck with it and stick to your guns, you are the injured party here.

Hagerty insures my car. I had a accident in my 68 Charger (wasn't my fault) in which a lady flat ran a stop sign and t-boned me. Now the car really was totaled but I got a $15500 check out of the whole deal. Her insurance only covered up to $10000 but Hagerty picked up the rest. When I got my cuda it sat here at the house 3 days until I made sure it was covered with Hagerty. I wasn't about to let them give me lets say $1000 for a $25000 car. Always get classic car insurance with it writing that if you are involved in a accident that you are going to get what you have in the car and hours (your labor) spent on the car. You have follow some special rules that arent that bad but its worth it in my opinion.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. :-(

I did a quickie search for personal property lawyers in your area and came up with a few names for you. All are partners with experience, handle personal property law and automobile accidents. I wasn't looking for ambulance chasers because you need a qualified pro. (I'm sure the embedded links won't work from this copy-and-paste so if you need more info you can't find through a google search, just hit me back.)

Good luck! The insurance company has deep pockets and they'll try to wear you down because they know they can. DON'T GIVE UP.

Name: James T. Huber
Peer Review Rated
Job Title: Partner
Organization: Huber and Waldron
Practice Areas: Civil Law; Personal Injury Law; Commercial Litigation; Automobile Accidents and Injuries; Slip and Fall; Medical Malpractice; Civil Rights
Office: Allentown, Pennsylvania (Lehigh Co.)
Peer Review Rating: AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5

Name: G. Christopher Parrish
Peer Review Rated
Client Review Rated
Documents
Organization: Swartz Campbell LLC
Practice Areas: Liability Insurance Defense; Automobile Insurance; Legal Malpractice Defense
Peer Review Rating: BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5

Name: Steven Alan Bergstein
Peer Review Rated
Client Review Rated
Documents
Organization: Engel, Wiener & Bergstein
Practice Areas: Personal Injury(30%); Business Litigation(50%); Family Law(20%); Workers Compensation; Automobile Accidents; Slip and Fall; Medical Malpractice; Commercial Law; Mediation
Peer Review Rating: BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5

the original poster cant have collector insurance since its his daily driver

Way to go Cudachick. That should be a big help for him.

You the woman...

If all else fails and you have police report that it was not your fault then you can also take the other driver to court for lost income (daily driver) and fair replacement of the car or value of it.

How does your neck and back feel.....?

No way would I settle for $500. I agree with getting an appraisal.

Thier real sore,understand me?

REAL SORE.

Make sure the insurance company knows your getting checked for whiplash.

Get a lawyer before you mess up you're case. With a lawyer and a prescription for your hurt back and neck you will walk away with no less than 25K. The dude has ZERO defense. DO NOT let them record you over the phone or in person. Get the lawyer and complain about your neck and back hurting you. Call one tomorrow.

Get a lawyer before you mess up you're case. With a lawyer and a prescription for your hurt back and neck you will walk away with no less than 25K. The dude has ZERO defense. DO NOT let them record you over the phone or in person. Get the lawyer and complain about your neck and back hurting you. Call one tomorrow.

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phone a lawyer asap!

I got a Cat scan and an MRI and all I have is some swelling all over. I have a talk with a lawyer Friday, and I started to pull up all my recipts (so far $2500 in parts over 2 years) and started to try to find a car like mine, but there's not many 318 4 door valiants W A/C for sale

-
Back