CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
car hunt! Fabozene Michigan Edition...
The LaBaron is now tucked in line between OTC (One Ton Cummins) and the Spirit awaiting it's turn to be repaired.

Scott

p.s. Hope to post some pics of her soon

p.p.s. You SAID you wanted others to post here and while it may not be an A body it is only a car away from an A body now....:love8:

COOL! Michigan Edition!!!!
No worries here! The more cars hunted the better!!:D

We need pics!! Drove our leBarron with the top down today!! No rain so far today anyway!!!

local scraper got this from behind a house /there for 14 years/he call a friend and got our number as he had seen our 1968 Dart.
Mary saved her..1969 Dodge Dart custom YELLOW with a factory map light!

I was driving by that house that had the old MOPAR sitting in the yard and noticed it gone. Did one of you folks come get it?

That race was cancelled for rain. Now the tornados that hit the south recently wrecked the dragstrip. Damn, jus as I had met some MOPAR guys there and found a sucker who didn't think my fish could beat him heads up.

If you guys like those old 4 door Valiants here is a hint... You can head to Huntsville Dragway (North Alabama) as they are having a big event this weekend anyways. Pretty good MOPAR speed shop here in town also - R&R on Meridian Street.

http://www.huntsvilledragway.com/news/Mike-Hills-Outlaw-DoorSlammer-Series-March 25-27.html

Just around the corner from me is a Valiant that has been sitting there parked. I have not approached the house about it. The location is on the east side of Jeff Road, just South of McKee Rd/ Will Raby Road 35773. It sits in this yard. Does not show up in this picture unless it is one of the cars parked at the house. Now it sits outside near the barn in back. Looks original and complete to m lookinge from the road - including hubcaps.

Happy motoring FABO! Now if someone would be so kind and locate the guy who was selling a red 67 FB fish parts car up in Erin, NY for me and tell him to contact me so I can buy his parts car I would appreciate it! I missed the end of the fleabay auction and need the car for the parts to make my track car streetable.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=34.880456&lon=-86.716867&zoom=19&q1=will raby road, toney, al

local scraper got this from behind a house /there for 14 years/he call a friend and got our number as he had seen our 1968 Dart.
Mary saved her..1969 Dodge Dart custom YELLOW with a factory map light!

car hunt Maryland chapter! LOL!!

NICE SAVE!!!
Love the color!!

Haaaaaaaaayyyy FABO!!

Mood music hit it!
Hey it's either this or cuts like a knife by Bryan Adams!
Lets just do this one cause it's newer!! LOL!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImbW-p4c4gQ"]YouTube - The Dead Weather - I Cut Like A Buffalo [OFFICIAL VIDEO][/ame]

This is not going to be a full blown chapter of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:glasses2:
this time.
Some of yall know I haven't been able to buy a car lately for anything!! No calls. So I spent this past Friday the 13th weekend doing favors for everybody.
Sent Memike a wire harness for Victoria lickety split.
Gave 2 junk cars to Yard Dawg to cover the harness (even though I needed badly)
Other good deeds done too numerous to mention, all in the hopes of getting my KARMA kick started again.
I haven't hauled a car in about 4 weeks now and the house payment is getting close again.

Well finally got to buy one today! I had to really work for it though. Had to jack and put on 3 wheels, load 3 doors, and had to kick in an old batt of mine.
Then called Yard dawg. The yard was going to ding me $45.00 for no radiator. YD gave me one for a 20 spot to throw in the wreck so I could make $45.00 more on it!
Thanks YD!!:thumblef:

I'm so desperate to haul something, I had to laugh when I saw it. Then I wanted to show you guys due to me not buying lately. Wait till ya see what I'm getting next! LMAO!!!
See last pick LOL!
They both were used as training for the local fire dept.

Looks like they were cut by a buffalo!!
Hey it was either that or cuts like knife by Bryan Adams! LOL!

Well just wanted to check in with yall and give yall a big howdy and see ya next time here on
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:glasses2:
Later when ya hair gets straighter!:happy6:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 697
  • 2.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 683
  • 3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 669
  • 4.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 684
You sent me a wire harness for Victoria lickety split is an understatement :D
I have removed my bunt one and I have the harness you sent me plugged in and started routing it in yesterday :icon_smi::icon_smi:.
fire wall plugs are identical along with the color of the wires :thumbrig::thumbrig:

Are you going you cut that limo in half ?
Just one more question, what is the coolest thing you ever found in a car you hauled to the crusher ? Me! I found a small Crown royal bag half full of arrow heads :happy2: in a more door dart I pulled the 318 out of many moons ago :D

Thank you John :icon_smi::cheers:

Attachments

• Spring 2011 260.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 638
  • Spring 2011 254.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 657
  • Spring 2011 253.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 649
Well, here we are for another fine chapter of

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:

Mood music,
HIT IT!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPk4EX2GDc0"]YouTube - ‪ridin the storm out‬‏[/ame]

Chapter 32 is here and it's gonna be weird!!
As real life usually is......

FLASH back to chapter 15 of

There was this cool Duster....
Well this is the mystery car that I have been hinting around at buying for us and this thread at FABO!
Now it's a mystery how I'll get it out from under that BIG *** TREE!!

So we had some pretty bad storms last night. I get up crack of dawn to load FOTO with rakes, spades, wheel barrow, etc to go and clean up some flower beds in the next town over. (Another story another time)
Anyway, I get back around 9AM, Bushed, no pun intended, Had dirt from head to toe. Peeled off the dirt, hit the shower. I get out and the phone rings. It's Yard Dawgs wife;
"You know your car you're buying"?
Yeah why
Well it aint your car no more, Hold on, Here's Yard Dawg.......
HAY!
HAY!
What's she mean not my car anymore????
Well a big tree fell on it.
WHAT!!!!
Yeah, you ought ta see it. I'll give ya back what ya paid so far.
Hey F that, I'm throwing on clothes, camera, and I'm bringing my chainsaw, Don't touch anything till I get there to cut some of the weight off of it!!!!

Right now, I'm frantically putting on shoes shirt (2nd change of clothes so far today and isn't even 10 yet)
I'm picturing my Duster looking from the side, folded in the middle between the tires like a big
V,
with a few big holes from the widow makers puncturing the roof then the floor!!

I hurry up the hill in FOTO with all the impliments of destruction with me...

I get there and can't even see the Duster!!!:vom:

See attached pix!!!

Break (haha) out the saw for me and Ashe, and the camera for FABO and

Well with alot of directions from the manager of cutting operations (Yard Dawg) I start a cuttin!!
I was like a cross between a beaver and the cartoon version of a tasmainian devel!!

BUZZ BUZZZALLLL BUUZZZZ WEEEAHHHHH Crack! BUZZZZZZZ boom!

There that L do it!8-) Then the un-wrap....
Good DANG thing the tarp was on it!!!:D

Had to get in and pop out the roof. There was so much stress on the back glass that it was bowed in the center and the laminate is starting to separate with a little bubble there the size of a quarter.

Well, we got Ashe loaded and we were off back to the Hisaaaayyy.
Got her unloaded before the next rain. Will be going out to retarp after dinner, B4 the next storms tonight.

God help us all.:angel11:

Well that about does it for chapter 32 of

Tune in next time for chapter 33.
Feel free to post your own Car Hunts here too!!

See ya in the funny papers!8-)

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 596
  • 9.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 602
  • 8.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 590
  • 7.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 605
  • 6.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 603
  • 5.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 593
  • 4.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 607
  • 3.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 622
  • 2.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 600
  • 1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 635
More pics!8-)

More mood music!
Hit it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYDhw8_lAn0"]YouTube - ‪The Dead Weather - "I Cut Like A Buffalo" Version II (Official Video)‬‏[/ame]

Couldn't pass it up sense Today, I cut like a buffalo!:D

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 573
  • 18.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 581
  • 19.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 574
  • 20.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 578
  • 16.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 572
  • 15.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 584
  • 14.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 581
  • 13.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 592
  • 12.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 579
  • 11.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 574
Yep, few more!:wink:

More theme music;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IHxG8VkiQA&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down‬‏[/ame]

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 561
  • 28.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 565
  • 29.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 558
  • 30.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 574
  • 26.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 558
  • 25.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 565
  • 24.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 548
  • 23.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 548
  • 22.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 565
  • 21.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 567
Last few!:D

Rear axle held on with 1 ratchet strap!!!
Thanks YD!!

Attachments

• 38.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 542
  • 37.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 559
  • 36.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 543
  • 35.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 550
  • 34.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 33.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 542
  • 32.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 566
  • 31.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 577
WOW that don't look so good.

LOL!
It'l BUFF out!!!
We can save it!!
We have the technology....
We have the Know how....
well maybe not, but we really can't screw it up
any worse than it is now.
It can only get better from here.........
Well, I guess my trees limb can fall on it tonight!!:D

Guess how the Duster got it's name today!!

:DDont know if this sound is exactly appropriate for what happened but some of it is.

There ain't no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees. I got bills to pay I got mouths to feed, and there ain't nothing in the world for free. I can't slow down we can't hold back though we wished we could.

Anyway it is a good song.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKtsdZs9LJo"]YouTube - ‪Cage The Elephant - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked‬‏[/ame]

:DDont know if this sound is exactly appropriate for what happened but some of it is.

WOW!
A few more tats, more grease under the nails, more gut, less hair..
HEY that's ME!!!
Now how did they film that song so fast, it was just today!!!:D
LOL

....hey they blowd up a dodge diiplomat in that vid......
not a bad find for that part of the country though. that Dart dont look too bad either.
Getting the dent out of a roof can be tricky sometimes

If you part it out, I would be interested in the rear tail lenses.

Sorry, I don't "part out" Abodies. I only restore! LOL!!:D

The roof isn't what will make it a part out,(I found 2 roofs for sale on ebay, just the roofs bout $250.00 each), it will be how much rust is under it. There are some big holes
I've seen but still havn't been under it yet for a once over. It may come down to parting it if the under side is too far gone.
What year lenses are you looking for? Maybe Yard Dawg has a set that we could hook you up with.
PM me with a parts list your looking for and year of your Duster.
I'll see what I can do for you, K?
You've always been good to me and ABB so I'll do my best for you and the parts you need.
John.

You have a good friend in Yard dog :icon_smi::coffee2:, and Thank you for all the speedy retrieving you did for Victoria and I John:icon_smi::icon_smi:
I hope to get a video up buy tonight or Sunday of her running again.
I enjoyed the music you and ABB added to this thread :coffee2: Talk to you very soon.

How much wood can a Dart man cut if a dart man would cut wood :scratch:

A heck of allot :toothy1: Good job getting that big a$$ tree off and getting a rear axle under it, Yard dog !!! Thank you tooooo :thumbup:
And I will take one of those cold one's to :thumbup:

You have a good friend in Yard dog :icon_smi::coffee2:, and Thank you for all the speedy retrieving you did for Victoria and I John:icon_smi::icon_smi:
I hope to get a video up buy tonight or Sunday of her running again.
I enjoyed the music you and ABB added to this thread :coffee2: Talk to you very soon.

How much wood can a Dart man cut if a dart man would cut wood :scratch:

A heck of allot :toothy1: Good job getting that big a$$ tree off and getting a rear axle under it, Yard dog !!! Thank you tooooo :thumbup:
And I will take one of those cold one's to :thumbup:

Mood Music
HIT IT!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDbON8udTPo"]YouTube - ‪Hot Rod Lincoln‬‏[/ame]

I can't wait to see Victoria running again!!!
A Dart man can only cut as much wood as a Dart man's age will let him.
But when rescuing a Duster, he'll cut as much as he has to! LOL:D

Wow! The junk car business just went OFF THE HOOK!!!
I've been haulin My A$$ off lately!! WOOOHOOOO!!
Here's the latest hauls and what my yard looks like for the weekend.
The junk yards won't open again untill Tuesday. I'm still getting calls!
All those good deeds must finally be paying off!
Thanks for telling KARMA where I was Memike!!!
The first 2 I hauled in on Thursday even ran! So I've been trying to sell them before I scrap them. I don't like to scrap them if they are running. But the main reason scrappers won't sell to someone instead of scrapping is this;
The people still only want to pay you the scrap price for it off your truck.
It's not the money, it's the liability and pain in the A$$ factor. To do it leagally you have to send title through DMV first ($50.00 title/tax) and hold the car untill new title arrives. Then it counts against you for total number of cars you have transferred. In Indiana you can only do 12 cars a year before you need a dealers license. If I sold everyother one I was scrapping I would then need a dealers license and deal with a whole lot more BS!!!
But The Lincoln and the S-10 were too nice to scrap and they run!

Anybody need a cheap Lincoln??? LOL!:D

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 493
  • 2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 502
  • 1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 503
1 more from the original artist!
and
1 more from the master too!:headbang:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MS9fk1u6kA"]YouTube - ‪Forgotten Oldies - Hot Rod Lincoln, The Late Charlie Ryan‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MCLVMX74s&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Roger Miller - Hot rod Lincoln‬‏[/ame]

See Ya'll in the next chapter of

It will be from me or from one of the other FABO members where ever their own personal
will find them. As long as they decide to share! LOL!

HEY KIDS!!

Be the first on your block to do your own
and post it here just like a few other FABO citizens have done!

YES!!
You can do it too!!!
Hunt it, Pic it, Haul it, Pic it again at the homestead, then post those stories and pics of your pick, right here!!!

More car pics and hunts from parts unknown......
Tune in next time for

(Unlimited self promotion! LOL)

Wow the Lincoln and S-10 look nice and are priced right. They should go fast. Karma is finally getting you back. Hey my lady and I put an offer on another house today and it looks good. If that happens and mine sells I may get back into the car flipping business. Then I can be on Fabozene with ya.

Wow the Lincoln and S-10 look nice and are priced right. They should go fast. Karma is finally getting you back. Hey my lady and I put an offer on another house today and it looks good. If that happens and mine sells I may get back into the car flipping business. Then I can be on Fabozene with ya.

Cool man!
Good Luck!!
I can't wait to have ya join us here.:thumbup:
TAG TEAM North American
LOL!

More good Karma pending.

Couple round the corner from me had to sell their pick up last spring and have been walking everywhere. I have picked them up for rides into town. Only half mile away but brutal in winter!

Anyway, on the Lincoln, CL ad drags one in.
I turned down a rich guy who drove up in a very nice lincoln himself from KY. He tried to low ball me 40.00 more than scrap. I sent him home without the car when he said if were going to argue we can do something else. I said "Count me in at doing something else" and left him at the curb with his mechanic standing there too. All they saw was my back walking back into my house to watch TV!!
He needed a check on that better than thou attitude he had.

Later that evening a different neighbor offered $25.00 less than scrap price at $400 cash for the S10. But him and his buddy was brow beating me, in the evening after dark, making me defend myself with my pricing when they were going to save me the $25.00 for not having to drive it in for scrap. I showed them a print out of CL ad in our area for one at $500.00 without an engine or tranny, mine runs!!!
(Them 2 were just going to fix and flip for 4 times the money.)

So back to the Karma pending...
The couple round the corner who have been walking for over a year, I saw them walk over the bridge and down the creek road, only to stop at my other gate looking at the s10. I go out to meet them.
Long story short.
Won't have money till Tuesday.
No problem.
You only want $600?
Nope, not from you, and I told them a story about their $400.00 neighbor who wouldn't buy at the $450 I would let them have it for, they wanted to argue the $50.00!
Well all he'll do is fix and flip it anway, we need it! Well how much will you sell to us for?
Well, If ya drive it to northern KY it will scrap for $425.00 and I have a buyer there for that amount. Your neighbor tried to low ball me and tease me with 4 new hundies, and I wouldn't sell to him, again, know it all, knew everything about scrapping and pricing, and I knew nothing, so....
I'll sell to you guys for the same $400 I sent them home without over, and you could fix it and drive it, scrap it for $25.00 more or part it for even more!
$400.00.....Really? You do that for us??
Yes as long as you tell your neighbor I sold it to you for $300.00!!
LMAO!!:D
I'm holding it for them and when I go over to the yard to scrap another on Tuesday, I'm pulling the part that S10 needs to be on the road, and I'm comming home to try to fix it for them too!! That way they can drive it back around the corner to their house instead of me dragging it!!:lol:

Mood music,

HIT IT!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcb2vIFVCLA"]YouTube - ‪Beach Boys - I Get Around‬‏[/ame]

Haaaay FABO!!!
You know I get around!!!That's right you heard right!!
It's time for a SPECIAL EDITION of

This is not your ordinary chapter of

It's
with a new twist!!

This time the car hunts us!!I see a new member comming into the FABO family!!

Here's the story.....
Hustlin cars for cash, hauled 2 before 9:30 this morning. Then had to move a bunch just to get Daisy out of the barn for show prep.
Never made it back to her and blew it off. All she'll need for show is us, lawn chairs, cameras, and a spray wash in the town we're heading to! LOL
I digress...
ANYWAY,
I'm in the house for a well deserved break and trying to figure what to fix in a bit for dinner, the phone rings...
It's a sales rep at the local Dodge dealer.
He has a lady there who needs and wants to buy 2 fenders for a 64 vert dart 270. Can he send her to my house?
Sure.

Later get a call from her. She's lost in down town Aurora. Something lost in directional translations.
I jump into the vert LeBarron to go half mile to towns gas station to meet and leed the nice ladies back to the house to meet ABodyBetty and the cars!
I notice however that they are in a 66 vert not a 64. (see attached pics)

Howdies went round, 2 min car show.
ABB did ya call the Dawg for me bout the fendies?
Yes I told him, he's calling back in a min.
Did ya ask for 64 fendies or did ya send him to the black 66 we were talking about?
He'll call back in a min.
Yard Dawg calls, fendies pretty solid on the 66 come on up.
So were off another 5 miles to the Dawgs!!

On the way up,
I'm wondering what on earth these 2 ladies are thinking as they are following the LeBarron further into the Hoosier tundra!!

We pull in to find the Dawg on his tractor haulin more gravel for a driveway widening project just started.
He was busy so I led the ladies further into the cars.
Meet YD's wife and she's getting lots of stuff ready for the big sale deal for a week around here, everybodies got sales at their houses all week.
She leeds the 66 owners friend into the house to shop the clothes and such and the 66 owner and I meet YD at the 66 for the fendies.
Howdies go round again.
Like old friends meeting!
YD admired her car so much he almost gave them the fenders for nothing but telling her
they had to hire me to pull the parts and do the body work/rust repair! Thanks Dawg!
That's the only way you'll get the fenders or that price! Thanks again dawg!
The main reason is your special car, and knowing you NEED the fenders for you and your car.
Not for flipping or resale.
Will you take a check?
Cash only.
(me) I'm sorry mam, we just don't do things like that around here for the Abodies.
The A whats?
A Bodies. That's what your car is.
Oh.
Well I know people with trucks, can you pull the fenders and I'll send them out to you?
I'll drop my car off end of show season to be worked on and you can have all winter as long as she is stored indoors!
She is not to be left outside!! Yes MAM!!
Well we'll talk later on that. Let's just get the fenders for you first. Here's how we do it for Abodies.
I pull parts for you. bring em to my house to clean up a bit for you.
Then I can either repair metal on them for you first or you can take to your body guy.
Your "truck driver" will have to pay me the cash, and I'll give it to Yard Dawg.
Big round of BSing bout the car, pics taken, new friends made.
Another Abody owner who never heard of the site but will be visiting soon.
She had no idea who to see for parts or work on her Dart. Her husband purchased the car special order.
Sadly, she lost him in December. That's what led her to the Dodge dealer over here.
They used to come over here for parts and such.
There was an automatic at the dealer on the showroom but her husband wanted 3 speed on the tree!!
1966 Dart Vert 270 Slant 6, 3 on the tree, special order, one owner survivor!
Can't wait to have them join us here on FABO and

Not to worry. We'll see that she gets the promice her and her husband made to each other
of new fenders, body work and paint job.
Even if I don't do the work, I will be there if she needs me to arrange it for her!! (KARMA once again)
Her and her car will be in good hands in the land of Aurora Darts, Yard Dawg, and FABO!

Very nice ladies, looking foward to having new friends!!
See ya next time,
CAR SHOW TOMORROW!!:headbang:

1 more for the road!
Hit it!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXFFLuoaMzM"]YouTube - ‪Little Deuce Coupe-The Beach Boys‬‏[/ame]

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 508
  • 8.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 490
  • 7.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 508
  • 6.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 495
  • 5.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 497
  • 4.jpg