CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Just remember the immortal words of the late George Burns..."you're only as old as the last girl you felt" Thats the reason I married one 14 years younger than me! :blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

LMAO!!:smilebox:

Wow Thank you 64Dart for the good reads and awesome adventure it took me 2 days and almost 6 hours to read this thread and enjoy ( Im a big guy and had to stop for snacks) but i really enjoyed the ride with ABB, poptart or popdart,yarddog, and all the other fine characters along the way , I was almost upset to see it end,but heck I have to get ready to go to a meat shoot-turkey shoot anyway ,I look forward to reading more of your threads in the future and Thank You Mrfttmuscle/Frank:cheers:

Try to take it slower next time! LOL
It took a year to write and you read it in 2 days!!!!:prayer:
Glad you enjoyed, thats why I do it, besides the big buck$ I make on it!:D

Yer getting way to good with that welder . . . may have to take it away from you lol Nice work on FOTO . . . ought to keep her going for a lot longer now. Rog

My contribution. Today at lunch a co-worker said he is selling his brothers 92 Buick for 250 or best offer. I offered 100 at the lunch table sight unseen knowing it has a blown brake line but runs and dives and he accepted it. I will be picking it up Friday night with the trailer and maybe scrap Saturday. Fabozene in my town. Lol

My contribution. Today at lunch a co-worker said he is selling his brothers 92 Buick for 250 or best offer. I offered 100 at the lunch table sight unseen knowing it has a blown brake line but runs and dives and he accepted it. I will be picking it up Friday night with the trailer and maybe scrap Saturday. Fabozene in my town. Lol
Great buy chryslerfat!!

Yer getting way to good with that welder . . . may have to take it away from you lol Nice work on FOTO . . . ought to keep her going for a lot longer now. Rog
I am starting to get some crazy good beads going now!
I smoked a roll of wire in about a 24 hour period, and I didn't work that long to do it!
I used the metal I cut out for the patches to put back in place. The one was split due to it being on a seam of 2 large panels down the side meeting there. When I welded back in, it split itself down the middle on the old seam!??!
I sarted noticing a crack. welded and continued to work the patch. Split again same spot after grinding. got longer as area cooled. Welded it again, cracked again. I heard I need to drill a hole at the end of the crack, weld the crack then fill the hole. or I can patch the back over the crack.
I'm sure to be revisiting this weld again. That's OK, the color of red for FOTO also comes in spray bombs off the shelf from Van Cyckle, Case IH Red! LOL:coffee2:
I'm just going to UPS to see about purchasing their packaging service, then I'll ship USPS. Well to arrive soon. Do you want me to clean up further? The welded patch really needs to have a little kitty hair on it to be right. Could use more rust converter too. Let me know if you want me to finish prep on it or you can do.

Oh cool man!!
Are ya going to post the pics here?
Please do!
I'd fix the brake line and throw it on CL for sale B4 scrapping. The cars for $500.00 - $1000 sell loike hot cakes. I can't get enough of them!!:cheers:

Repairs look great........... waiting for the next installment....

I'm just going to UPS to see about purchasing their packaging service, then I'll ship USPS. Well to arrive soon. Do you want me to clean up further? The welded patch really needs to have a little kitty hair on it to be right. Could use more rust converter too. Let me know if you want me to finish prep on it or you can do.
:coffee2:Hey, you've done enough . . . . ship it on over. Let me know how much and I'll send you some moola. PM me the amount and how you want me to send it. Thanks bunches, :cheers: Rog.

Oh cool man!!
Are ya going to post the pics here?
Please do!
I'd fix the brake line and throw it on CL for sale B4 scrapping. The cars for $500.00 - $1000 sell loike hot cakes. I can't get enough of them!!:cheers:

Yes I will get pics up after I get it and decide if its a scrap or fix deal. As of now I wont see it till Friday night hen I pick it up.

Not sure what is going to happen in the near future.
I hope this isn't the last chapter of
CAR HUNT! Unfortunately, it looks like...

Attachments

• porkypig.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 307
Ya , John and Abby come on back. I read the thread about your car sales blues and know you are upset and dejected with FABO/ebay/internet asses and all, but hope your break is a short one.

Ya , John and Abby come on back. I read the thread about your car sales blues and know you are upset and dejected with FABO/ebay/internet asses and all, but hope your break is a short one.

Yes we miss you and FABO is not as good a place without you both.

We need all of the good people like the two of you on here! I know it's hard to ignore people when they give you grief but 99.99% +++ of the people on here are good people and we all enjoy reading your posts and WE WANT YOU BACK!

You've had plenty of time to goof off.......now get back to work!!!

Confucius Say: Anyone that can tear a phonebook apart with his hands, must have thicker skin :poke:

You Both are good friends with me and I sure do miss seeing you both here. Like everyone is saying PLEASE COME BACK!!!

I promise if you come back I will get the pics of the Buick up. I didnt mean to chase you away by not posting the pics.

This thread is a classic. I hate to see it end.:poke:

Heck after reading and falling in love with this thread ,I surely hope it isn't over ,did I miss something is there anything a guy could do to help? Well I hope everything works out and your back to shopping and writing and making people smile.:D

Ok I will put my pics up and tell ya I have 150 total in this car including gas to bring it home. It is your turn next.

Buick004.jpg

Buick003.jpg

Buick002.jpg

Buick001.jpg

Next is yours.

Sorry.
Just been dealing with depression, no income, and a long line of repairs to keep any 1 of our cars running. Lots of work of late on our stuff but no money work.
Lump has had a reman carb installed, burned through 2 ballast resistors, and had 2 fuel tank sensors installed (1st new one bad) sense I was last here on FABO. Lump is also developing an intermitent lifter noise, comes and goes. I hope that isn't going to lead to more bad news!
Daisy had a reman carb installed, 1 ballast resistor, and wiper bushings. Still haven't had time to reinstall the glove box yet!
I have been spread too thin on too many projects of late.

Suprise at the junk yard last week. I was at our local U-pull-it over in Northern KY and when I was leaving the check in desk there was a red Aries wagon 1st up on the chrysler line. I looked in, slant 6 with a super six on it. Could use that for our Duster. They wanted $450.00 for engine tranny combo with intake and carb. Too rich for my blood so I went back the next day and scored the intake/exhaust/carb combo for $120.00!!! Used YD's battery sawzall for exhaust tube and was out of there in under an hour!! Schwing!! Sides yard dawg has a slant/tranny for me already for a lot less money, but the super six was too good to let be crushed. I forgot to tell ya, they were crushing that line, it was 2 cars away from crusher. By the time I pulled my stuff the next day It was the lone car in that line! Only one not crushed!! Being saved for their classic auction in spring!! Maybe buy the rest of it then!! LOL

Also; was a 68 R/T here for sale for $9500.00 in town. Really nice and was going to get pics for FABO. The guy who owned sold us our old 69 dart. The night before I was to get pics for yaz, it was stolen right in view of everyone on 4 lane state highway!!!

Last 2 weeks has been better. Finally hauled like 4 junkers, bought and resold a mini van so we got a HOUSE PAYMENT WOO HOO!!!
This past Sat. got to buy a 1 owner, garage kept 2001 Windstar Limited. ABB is getting it for a daily driver. I'll post some pics of it later. The original owner hydroplaned it into a guard rail (Should have bought those new tires) So monday I was tracking body parts and will be putting on miles today to get all the parts. Am trying to fix by this Sat so ABB and Lex can visit family in Louisville.
ABB and Lex was last seen sitting in the Van Sunday night watching a Disney dog movie on it's built in flat screen! WOW is that thing loaded or what!!

Still working on a blue Metro for resale too.

Got to keep busy or we'll be moving into that cardboard box for the holidays!
I wanted to say thanks to all who have written. I'll try to be on here more soon. But only look for me here or my other threads or PM's. I won't be posting anything for sale on FABO anymore and I won't be in the tech sections giving advise either. It's like as soon as we popped that 20K members here we started getting the garbage that comes with it too.
Good Times!:cheers:
Look for new chapters of
CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:

soon!! All the weeds are dying and I have been spotting more cars in fields of late.
Feel free too guys and post yer finds here too like chryslerfat, Thanks!!

I want to wish all who have been so nice to us, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
John:coffee2:

Glad to see you back on here John. You were missed by me and many others.

Thanks for saying.
There are alot of people I missed here too including you! LOL

I accept 50% of the blame for that blow up due to me "Assuming" he was talking Duster when he was talking Swinger, even though his PM was titled "Lump" (our 4 door).
Alot is lost due to no face to face communications on the computer and obviously missunderstandings can happen VERY easy, especially if you are trying to sell all your cars at once. Best to only post 1 at a time for sale no matter how bad off you are. Still, NOT going to post anything here for sale again though.

I'm sure there is still a mod or two here that aren't too pleased with me either! (sorry)

Didn't know I would be so missed!
Again, sorry for all the BS.

dustermaniac, Thanks for writing,.... wishing you and your family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!:cheers:
John:coffee2:

-
Back