Car I Wished I had Kept!

-

johnsvide

Reaction score
Here is My 1964 Polara , 383,727 Dual Exhaust, It Was Fast, Too bad I still don't have it , Pic from 1967
1964 polara.jpg
dodge polara.jpg
dodge polara.jpg
dodge polara.jpg
dodge polara.jpg
dodge polara.jpg
1964 polara.jpg
dodge polara.jpg
1964 polara.jpg
dodge polara.jpg

My first car was a red 1964 Polara 500. It had a 361, 4 speed, bucket seats, console with factory tach. Babies started coming and it had to go for a family four door. I wish I still had it.

Sorry about Duplicate Photos!

Ah the old index finger stutter.:D
My 69 Roadrunner got the engine out of a police Polara which was a 440 Magnum HP that went in place of the 383 Magnum. (Which I stupidly gave the perfectly good running 383 motor to the guy who let me swap motors at his house.):realcrazy:

I'm with you brothers..I wish I kept many.I don't understand why I can't realize that until after it's gone...

Yall will laugh, but I had a 1973 Ford Econoline 300 van. Factory 351 4V, PS, PDB, AC, Dana 60 rear. It was a cool little van.

I wish I would have kept my 1969 Formula S Barracuda. She was a gem, 4 spd., 340 with a stock bench seat. She was tor red with a black interior. My 72 Demon " in Avatar " has helped to fill the void.

Yall will laugh, but I had a 1973 Ford Econoline 300 van. Factory 351 4V, PS, PDB, AC, Dana 60 rear. It was a cool little van.
Probably had flared fenders, fog lamps, side pipes, “wood” paneling, gold shag carpeting, bed in the back, curtains, and dual 9” coaxial speakers blaring Kashmir by Led Zepplin from the cassette player.

Probably had flared fenders, fog lamps, side pipes, “wood” paneling, gold shag carpeting, bed in the back, curtains, and dual 9” coaxial speakers blaring Kashmir by Led Zepplin from the cassette player.

No, it was stone stock outside. It did have paneling and shag carpeting in it, though. I could tell it had abed at one time, but all that was gone. It needed everything though. Front end was shot and it leaked from every engine and transmission seal and gasket.

No, it was stone stock outside. It did have paneling and shag carpeting in it, though. I could tell it had abed at one time, but all that was gone. It needed everything though. Front end was shot and it leaked from every engine and transmission seal and gasket.
-----------------------------------------Cars I wish I`d kept-----------------------------------------------
IF I COULD HAVE!! !
1968 barracuda form S 383/fastback, 66-67 hemi belveders, 1969 coronet RT/440 4 speed, 406 sbc vega, 1992 406 sbc gmc/short wide.

I lived in one of those for awhile when I split up with my first wife.:D
The place I worked was an equipment rental company, so I used the tools and equipment to build a propane fireplace on the fender hump.
It had carpet, paneling, and a stereo so I put a Lazy Boy recliner in it and it was pretty dang comfortable in the middle of winter.
After about 3 weeks I traded it straight across to a family that broke down on the hiway 3-400 miles from home in a freshly rebuilt Willys pickup (1953 I think).
They put the bottom half of the rear main in backwards and it lost oil pressure so the guy pulled over, and I repaired it under a clear plastic tarp in a storm.
All I had was a bike at the time and needed something I could drive to work in without getting wet.
I drove that Willys for years after that.:D

I wish I could have kept the 69 Dart Swinger 340 4sp. I had, but it got rear ended by a drunk on Christmas eve in 74. I wish I could have kept the 74 Dodge B300 van I bought new, but driving through 12 winters with road salt rusted it to oblivion so it became unsafe to drive and I had to scrap it.

I'm with you 67red,Bought a big block 78 Macho Power Wagon new. 4 years later it was powder rust dust. Lived in PA back then. God I love the rust free cars out west !

-
Back