car in parking lot

-

jamesdaytona

Reaction score
Saw this at Menards today . Not bad , a few trim pieces were off . Looks set up for major HP .

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 515
  • 014.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 524
  • 015.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 522
That is absolutely awesomefied.

Nice looking Hurst-AMX paint scheme ; very clean overall .

Yet , I don't believe I've ever seen those wheels before ... :scratch: ... any idea what brand they are ? Pretty unique !

Looks like one of the old S/S AMXs!:thumbup: with old Centerlines & the paint scheme that wa popular for the AMC racecars in thee late 60s. Great, fast cars, easy to clone & aside from the initial outlay for an AMX, not too expensive.
spoke to Shirley Shahan once--she actually said she liked her S/S AMX better than her 'Cuda as it was easier to pull wheelstands in :burnout:it!

Here's my "parking lot find" from the other day. Not in the same category but still interesting.

Attachments

• 100_3407 (Medium).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 356
amx is the only muscle car I will put up there with mopars evrey AMC made was awsome in my book only brand I would ever sell my dart for

Nice looking Hurst-AMX paint scheme ; very clean overall .

Yet , I don't believe I've ever seen those wheels before ... :scratch: ... any idea what brand they are ? Pretty unique !

Those wheels are made by Keystone, they were called "Vortex".
Actually a very nice wheel, strong and straight.

Looks like a Super Stock AMX with that scoop. That's an ultra rare car. Less made and less still exist than a Super Stock Dart's or Barracuda's.

I wouldn't image it being a real one. But stranger things have happened.

Most likely a 390. I believe Borg Warner made their tranny's. Both 4 speed and auto.

AMC didn't go to TorqueFlites until '72 . The name was modified to "Torque-Command" , and was either "Torque-Command 6" or "Torque-Command 8" .

B-W T-10's or the -- iirc -- "Flash-O-Matic" ( not sure if they were still called so after '66 however ... ) .

Wow, I'd be scared to leave that car parked there like that.

I almost bought this Javelin to restore last fall but did not have deep enough pockets at the time, and I probably would have snatched it up if it did not have so many missing parts like interior parts, hood, windshield etc.
I've been told that finding parts for these are much, much harder than finding parts for our Mopars.

Guy wanted $4-k.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

I've heard the same, about how much more difficult it is to find parts to restore these.
When you do find them, the owner wants a small fortune for them because of the rarity and lack of aftermarket production of them.

-
Back