Car is going to get fixed.

-

TNAILAV

TNAILAV- VALIANT
Reaction score
When I bought my Valiant I had not ever heard it nor seen it run. I got it to turn over and make some exhaust noise. It is going down the block to a buddies house who has a full service garage in his garage. He has a lift and a compliment of the usual supplies all the professional garages have.
The first thing I want him to fix is the fuel delivery problem. I bought a new fuel pump, some fuel line and a couple new hose clamps. Then I am going to have him change the oil, tranny fluid, lube and change the plugs.
This car has been sitting for a long time and I am not sure how long either. Any suggetsions on what to and what not to do?

check bushings and ball joints. make sure all the guages work and it never hurts to change the thermostat.

How much fuel in the tank? How old is the fuel? Is the sock on the fuel line, in the tank in good shape? Replacement rubber hose should also be on hand. Look out for kinks and crushed spots in the fuel line. Road debrise can cause this. Or, actually, running over a dead Ford or Chevy product has been known to hurt fuel lines. Well, once in awhile at least.

Check rear end oil, actually, just change it out since it's probably never been done. Cheap thing to do, take 1/2 an hour....or so. Drink beer to pass time....

Check all brakes,wheel cylinders for leaks.It,d probably be a good idea to flush the brake fluid,while your at it flush the anti-freeze(Prestone)it turns acidic and can eat your frostplugs from inside out causing leaks in all the wrong places.Have beer while watching friend work on your car!:-D

Careful. I got the dog 'fixed' some time ago and he hasn't liked me since!

Sorry, just had to say that. LOL.

-
Back