Car Lifts

-

ronw

Reaction score
Looking for advise on which lift is has more bang for the buck. I want a two post (10,000 Lb.), my ceiling is 14'. There are so many to choose. Thanks Ron

I have used a couple different lifts over the years. I've been a mechanic for 22 years and prefer the Rotary lifts. They are well built and trouble free. I've had a club cab dually diesel up on the 9k lift in a pinch. Snap on offers some lifts and they seem like cheap toys. The 10k seemed wimpy compared to a 9k Rotary. Forward makes a lift that looks really strong as well.

That's exactly my set up. When I knew that my ceilings were 14ft 'I asked a bout a two foot extension for my lift. This allows full lift on taller vehicles like camper vans, ambulances,etc. Without that extra two feet, I've seen guys hunched over working on tall vehicles as they had already reached the limit bar. I have a 10,000lb Challenger Asymmetrical unit. They are USA made . Got a great deal on mine, as I helped the guy install it. 15 problem free years now, and I have had some vehicles, over the weight limit on it from time to time.

Attachments

• 119-1952_IMG.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 267
If I ever buy a lift ( never will I'm sure ) it would be a 4 post with tracks to drive onto. It must include the secondary tracks to get the vehicle off its wheels, and the wall mounted mirror in front of it.
Wasn't anything that couldn't be done on that lift including opening the vehicle doors.

I have a 12K Rotary and love it. It has real feet on the arms instead of some cheesy mess. It is also asymmetrical, which is a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

I like the 4 post. Has bridge jacks so you can still get the brakes done or what ever. Also, It's a great place to store vehicles in the winter!!!

Attachments

• photolift1.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 237
I have a scissor lift that comes in handy for brake and tire changing. Of course you cant work under it but I can reach far enough to change oil and filter...

Got a 4 post and 2 post lift in garage.....mostly use 4 post for storage and use 2 post for working on cars...LOVE THEM

9K Ammco Asymmetrical here. Very versatile. Can put just about anything on it. Have it serviced every couple of years, just for peace of mind that it wont come crashing down on me with a 9K truck 6 ft in the air above me.

2 post challenger cl10v3 at home.at work i only use a 4 post on heavy trucks. i like 2 post lifts 4 post are harder to work on stuff and walking underneath them.

Any opinions on this one http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/tls/4632487210.html I called the guy and he said no model name on it but gave me the model # of CL 9000 BHA

Doing a google search it appears to be a challenger lift. I know the name challenger but maybe they make junk as well as decent equipment.

No name on it has me bothered. Looks to new and maybe someone didnt put on the decals. ( wishful thinking )

Any opinions on this one http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/tls/4632487210.html I called the guy and he said no model name on it but gave me the model # of CL 9000 BHA

Doing a google search it appears to be a challenger lift. I know the name challenger but maybe they make junk as well as decent equipment.

No name on it has me bothered. Looks to new and maybe someone didnt put on the decals. ( wishful thinking )

It has the feet/adapters that I detest. They are a pia when compared to A Rotary lift.

-
Back