Car Show observation...

-

TF360

Reaction score
You know, I was at a Mopar show yesterday, and I realized that our A-bodies look the best. It's funny that B-bodies used to be all the rage, but now A- bodies are just the right size, The B's I looked at just looked to big, like land yachts. They really are too big - in my opinion. I love the big blocks in them though. What do you guys think?

I do like the A bodies best myself. I’ve got a 67 Belvedere and it gets was more looks than my Darts but it’s huge.

Funny you say that because the A body line was called a compact and when I drive m ‘79 Magnum down the road, I feel like I’m in a short height car.

If you think B-Bodies are big, try parking both a C-Body and an A-Body in a normal garage. Cool as the Polara is I still like my Barracuda more.

Alan

2018-02-20_001.jpg

It seems like a lot of guys are modifying A-bodies now

Rumble, Johnny from Blueprint's car will be very cool

A bodies have been sought after now for quite awhile. They are the most available body to find and restore. More of them, cheaper. I agree, sitting besides todays modern stuff, they fit in better.

Most of my car club buddies roll in big block B-Body cars. I always feel like the "little brother" in my small block A-Body.

DSCN9262-Steve-Mike-Dan.jpg

DSCN0259-cropped.jpg

DSCN2807.JPG

DSCN2848.JPG

DSCN2686.JPG
DSCN2860 Jim Moore.JPG

I love my A body...but I also want to (one day) own a ‘69 Superbee to go with it.

And I will never let the A body go!

8ECFABC0-A6F9-420A-9A2B-73A269478690.jpeg

I want a early B before I get so old they take my license away. LOL. A 64 Dodge or 65 Coronet to be exact. I do like 69 Super Bee's. I had a couple Coronets and a Bee back in the day. Yes, they are big cars.

TMM SuperBee 1b (2).jpg

My 69 coronet 1a (3).jpg

Yea, the B's are nice, but when you see a nice A-body, they look so much better. I was looking at a black Duster with a black stripe at the show and it just looked so beautiful. Body shape and size are so much better today. To me that is...

I want a early B before I get so old they take my license away. LOL. A 64 Dodge or 65 Coronet to be exact. I do like 69 Super Bee's. I had a couple Coronets and a Bee back in the day. Yes, they are big cars.

View attachment 1715485434

View attachment 1715485435
I can't say enough about the black '69 Super Bee pictured.......
That's ultimately what I have always wanted!
And the Cragar SS wheels with the chrome trim in the wheel openings just set it off.
I love the stance too, but I think it would have looked better with the front end lowered a bit and 15's on the front.......
And I also love the fact that it doesn't have a vinyl top!
Is it a real Super Bee or is it a Coronet 440 with the trim removed to make it look like a Super Bee?
My '69 Super Bee was Q5 Turquoise and I hated that color, I was going to paint it black.
But it never happened, life and family got in the way........and I sold it.
Just a stupid decision I guess. (Looking back on it now and how things went)
Thanks for giving me a snapshot of my past and something to shoot for in the future!
Before I die, I will make it happen...........

Last edited:
And the Cragar SS wheels with the chrome trim in the wheel openings just set it off.
I love the stance too, but I think it would have looked better with the front end lowered a bit and 15's on the front.......
Is it a real Super Bee or is it a Coronet 440 with the trim removed to make it look like a Super Bee?
My '69 Super Bee was Q5 Turquoise and I hated that color, I was going to paint it black.
Thanks for giving me a snapshot of my past and something to shoot for in the future!
It was a Coronet. Kind of pieced together, It had been painted, had a red drivers fender and a blue drivers door. Black interior with Charger buckets. A 361 was underhood with a column shifted auto. The gasser look was all the rage back in the 70's.

I'd pull the trigger on another Coronet if one popped up.

I went from E bodies in late 80's to 68-70 B bodies throughtout the 90's into early 2000's with a few early B bodies thrown in!! Then into all kinds of A bodie mostly.
I loved those B bodies, rode great, good power with a 383 and good gears. Never needed a 440 really. I do love the general size of the A like aid above, B's look a little big, but so does my '95 Ram 3500 Cummins!!! lol
I got off the 68-70 B body ride when the decent projects disappeared and they got to be priced at $5000 for a bad parts car!! Don't even get e started on the second gen Charger thing!!! lol
I have thought of the B body's I admit lately I picked up a 62 Dart 330 (yes it a b body) BUT its a more door! So I also satisfied my craze for the mundane 4 door!!

30 years now and A bodys still get no love and I believe they will never reach the heights of B bodies etc. EVERYONE wants a cuda, challenger or charger and seem to want to drop 100k on them without blinking. Not in our lifetime will the dusters be the hot ticket

Howard, 340/360 A's have already risen very high. A member here sold his for 35,000 recently. I think they are rising at a faster rate than B's

I have a '64 Polara 440 4 speed, '71 Challenger 32,000 mile 318 car , '67 Dart and Barracuda Convertibles both have 360's in them one 4 speed, one automatic. They are all unique and fun in their own way.

You know, I was at a Mopar show yesterday, and I realized that our A-bodies look the best. It's funny that B-bodies used to be all the rage, but now A- bodies are just the right size, The B's I looked at just looked to big, like land yachts. They really are too big - in my opinion. I love the big blocks in them though. What do you guys think?

dart1.jpg
0615 059.jpg

Have your cake and eat it too!

-
Back