Car show trophy ideas

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Our Mopar club is hosting Mopar Max at the local drag strip this August and my committee is thinking about building some cool car show trophies instead of giving out a commercial looking "bowling trophy" like what your kid gets at soccer. There has been pistons and rods for best engine, A valve through a piston head for a heard luck award, or a old speedo stuck on 120 for a long distant award.

What trophies have you received or seen and liked that could be cool to get. Photos of them a definite plus.

Our Mopar club is hosting Mopar Max at the local drag strip this August and my committee is thinking about building some cool car show trophies instead of giving out a commercial looking "bowling trophy" like what your kid gets at soccer. There has been pistons and rods for best engine, A valve through a piston head for a heard luck award, or a old speedo stuck on 120 for a long distant award.

What trophies have you received or seen and liked that could be cool to get. Photos of them a definite plus.

Make simple participation plaques. Each entrant gets one when they enter. Establish how many trophies you’ll give out and find sponsors for those trophies. Each car show participant gets something for their entry fee. If you run classes get some old pistons, clean them up and attach a dash plaque for each of the classes.

I plugged "cool car show trophies" into Google image search and came up with a whole bunch of cool stuff......

I thought you meant like, biggest rust hole or worst paint or ugliest interior. How about worst smell?

Not practical for your show but back when I was working we had a lot of old out of date gas meters. We did a benefit Car Show for a local Charted School every year. We cleaned them up,Painted them and put plaques on them. The word got out after the first one and we started getting massive amounts of entry requests to try for "one of those gas meter trophies" I applaud your interest in giving unique trophies.I will look but don't think I have any Pics.

Could do a traveling trophy. Jaba and I will have a "traveling trophy. We'll meet more than once, and the winner takes home the trophy till the next meet. We are thinking a "bent push-rod" trophy on some sort of stand or plaque. Home made maybe????

Last edited:
club looking thing was club choice, cards were dealers choice and the last i forget..lol

DSC04930.JPG

DSC04928.JPG

DSC04929.JPG

Here's a few pics of some different trophies I have received over the last couple years that are something other than the standard "sports" trophy.

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_E0015.JPG

IMG_8663.JPG

IMG_7721.JPG

And here's a couple of pictures of some different custom trophy designs that I have seen given out and local car shows. These tend to be a little labor intensive since you have to build them yourself, but they are very cool.

IMG_E0008.JPG

IMG_6910.JPG

We have a town days show and a few years ago they had the ladies pick their favorite and I one this one.

AD88B515-5E63-4D73-8DB8-8700DC1818C4.jpeg

Couple ideas from a 2 local shows the last year. Recycled and interesting.

29AA8A9E-4F29-4099-85D3-FEBB6EE33E3F.jpeg

29AE4803-F78B-46D3-A395-7B18B6F1A670.jpeg

-
Back