Carb choice on my new intake

-

MtNemoMopar

In the doghouse
Reaction score
Now that I have a new "strip dominator" intake, I need to choose a carb. I currently run a 670 "Street Avenger" on a single plane, and it works quite well. I'm hoping this will still be enough? I make peak HP (378 ) at 6800 now. 5500 to 5800 will be my RPM limit, as I don't need to see parts flying out from under the car.

Since your not going to be shiftin without liften and getting all the power out of the engine, ya, that carb will do just fine. Why short change yourself? If ya built it right, it'll last.

Thanks. I guess your right. Maybe old age is just setting in...[/
Ya think?LOL.Maybe trade the shifter in for a cane?LOL:-k:poke:

Bill,you best be getting under your car to make sure all your shock bolts are tight before MoparFest.LMAO.:tongue1:

some of those strip dominators need a steel plate to seal the carb. Holly did sell them I would call them and give them the #PN . Every one I ever had , needed the steel plate if it didn't come with it get one.Look at the pics I just posted on the ( edelbrock 1406 whistling) Other wise I liked those intakes. Took my LD340 off and put one on my other Duster. It really changed the mid to high torque and didn't change the bottom as much as other single plains I tried. Good choice.

Ya think?LOL.Maybe trade the shifter in for a cane?LOL:-k:poke:

Bill,you best be getting under your car to make sure all your shock bolts are tight before MoparFest.LMAO.:tongue1:

They were tight:director: The shock broke under all the load of the mighty 340 =D>

I'm going with Rumbles advice, as He always seems quite knowledgable,:notworth: and I already have the 670.
Heads are ported, medium 4 spd cam, and headers, with .030 over 340.

670 will work, the 750 db pump would work better.imo

Ive tried both and the 650 dbl as well, they both gave up power after 4500 rpm unlike the 750, which also had all the bottom end and the some of the smaller..

Hoped up 340 w/4spd's like 750's

Without a few informative facts, it's a possible error on the side of caution along with the ceiling in RPM eing turned not exactly gobbling up more cfm than the carb is able to give, or able.

If you were willing to twist it up to your peak RPM power output plus 2 - 3 hundred RPM at the finishline, then that would be a 750 cfm choice.

Old age.... OK, I admit it, I'm starting to grey...LOL!

-
Back