Carb help PLEASE!!!..

-

stroked 340

Banned
Reaction score
Finally got around to playing with my fuel delivery problem..little recap:i was losing fuel pressure back in May so i traced it back to a bad fuel pump(electric) and replaced it,now the bowls are filling up and dripping fuel into the carb,i've got 2 different regulators and neither seems to control the flow,try another regulator??...

pull your needle/seats out make they are clean and adjusted right, check outer o-ring.

i bet ya a beer it was a needle an seat ....

whats the fuel pressure right before the carb? dont go over 7 psi.

Just a note guys!! If your needle/seats are in decent shape you would be mighty surprized how much they will hold on these holleys, i'm at 9 psi & holding untill i get a reg. today, i've done this several times before on a few of them in the past, of coarse this is not needed, just mainly a test, i have gone as high as 10 psi.

Haven't had a chance to get back at it,will in the morning see what we find..

Problem solved!!!...checked the needle and seats as recommended by a few,found a big chunk of a plastic/sand like crap wedged in the seat,removed it reset the floats, adjusted the air/fuel mixture..flooding problem solved..but fuel pressure still falling off,and pump had intermit no-pump removed pump found a bunch of the plastic/sand like crap in it,cleaned the pump out remounted it,and had a pump no pump problem..got a "new"one from a friend who bought it but never used it..solved the pump problem..now fuel pressure kept falling off.. replaced pressure regulator..problem solved,car is back to running great again can't wait til next Friday night going to street night..thanks for all the suggestion on where to look for the fuel problem i had :-D:-D:-D

LOL, I also do a filter before and after the pump.

-
Back