CARB JETTING SUGGESTIONS

-

DERICKS

Reaction score
OK HERE'S THE COMBO
10.5 COMP 340 WITH .040 TRW PISTONS, STOCK RODS AND CRANK. MP .508 CAM 292 ADV 248 AT.050 IN AT 106 CENTERLINE AND MP ROLLER ROCKERS. 308 CASTING 360 HEADS WITH 2.02 VALVE AND NO OTHER MODIFICATION(PORTING ETC..) EDELBROCK TORKER 2 INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH HOLLEY 750HP CARB. 1 5/8 HEADERS 3INCH EXHAUST WITH DYNOMAX ULTRAFLOW MUFFLERS. THE CAR WEIGHS 3400LBS WITH ME IN IT AND USES A DYNOMAX 9 1/2 CONVERTER 4000STALL AND 4.30 GEARS. I JUST NEED TO BE IN THE BALLPARK BEFORE I START THRASHING IT AT THE STRIP. ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

I had a very similiar set up! I ran 11.80's with 76 and 80's in high 60 degree temps. 33 squirter's and timing at 40 total.

Jet up equal front and back until your mph drops off and then back the front down 2 sizes.

Then play with timing to get best ET. Then re je-jet!

what kid of car do you have??...do you mean a DYNAMIC converter??

listen to brett...he knows his stuff!!!!! :bounce:

SORRY ABOUT THAT! YES I MEANT A DYNAMIC CONVERTER AND DYNOMAX 3 INCH MUFFLERS. SEAT OF THE PANTS THIS IS WHAT I HAVE... THE JETS AT 74/80 WITH 36 DEGREES OF TIMING AND 35 SQUIRTERS. THIS IS MOSTLY A STREET CAR WITH LITTLE STRIP TIME SO MY NEXT QUESTION IS POWER VALVE??? I CANT PUT A VACUME GUAGE ON THE CARB SO I'M ESTIMATING THE CAR TO BE PULLING ABOUT 3.5 TO 4 INCHES OF VACUM WITH THE .508 CAM AT IDLE. I HAVE A 2.5 POWERVALVE IN IT NOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK? GOOD?? CAN I SUCCESSFULLY RUN THE CAR ON THE STREET WITH THE POWERVALVE PLUGGED??? I WAS PLANNING A TRIP TO THE STRIP WITH THIS COMBO BUT I BROKE A ROCKER ARM ADJUSTER TONIGHT! WHAT LUCK

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT IT IS A 1973 DUSTER 340 RED/WHITE. MIKE I'VE TALKED TO YOU A COUPLE TIMES ABOUT MY CAR IN THE PAST. HOW'S YOUR MACHINE RUNNING???

DAMN DUDE. IS IT NECESSARY TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS? IS THIS A TRADEMARK, OR DO YOU JUST DO IT WITHOUT KNOWING?
IT COMES ACROSS AS THE EQUIVALENT OF YOU SCREAMING AT EVERYBODY.

just my opinion :)

sounds like a nice car, btw.

hey derick,
oh yeah!!!!!...hey guys..this guy had a BAD little red duster that ran low 11's!!!!
derick,post some pics of your red duster!!
my car is running good!!!..planning on going to the track VERY soon!!!

Very nice car!!!

You probably have more vacuum than that. Get the car warmed up and have a buddy help you with this. Hook up you vacuum gauge and one of you put the car in gear. Then take your reading. This is when you want to adjust you air idle bleeds. Before you start turn all of then in and then turn them out 3 (( 1/2 )) turns. This is a good place to start. Adjust them until you get the highest vacuum reading ( in gear ) I would say you should have somewhere around 6 to 7. The power valve is just gonna richen up the fuel system when vacuum drops. I have a 5.5 in now because I had a dead spot with a 3.5 on the street. If you have 6 to 7 I would run a 4.5 and it will make the transition from the idle circuit to the mains on the street a lot sweeter. Running without one on the street works but you will have a dead spot off idle.

My car feels like it has fuel injection!! :thumrigh:

Thanks for the welcome aboard and the compliments on my car! I'm already glad I joined this board for the info and feedback i'm getting. I wish I could hook up a vacume guage but my carb doesnt have a port! I bought the carb from Ray Barton and I guess he sources them from a guy named Gary Williams. The carb was originally built to specs for the stroker engine I had in the Duster, I've been trying to settle it down for a while now and thats why I'm running into trouble.

-
Back