carb suggestions

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Needing a new carb for my dart. It's a 72 with a 360 10 to 1 compression cast iron heads with 2.02 1.6 valves. Has air gap intake 3.55 gears auto trans . Car will be raced on weekends and driven a lot on the street. I may upgrade to a set of edelbrock heads if money allows. Car runs pretty damn stout but I got engine pulled to refresh over the winter. What size, what brand and should I do vacuum or mechanical secondaries

I'm running a 600 vac sec on a 9.5 340 and it seems to do good but I just got it up and running a week ago. I think the 600 is at it's peak useage for my car but a 650 or 670 would be a better choice when your going to be doing upgrades from where we are.

750 will be fine i use an edelbrock 800 on my 360 it run's awesome! 9.5 compresion and .480 lift cam.

if you are going racing....holley 750 dp.....leave the eddy carbs for the street guys...

Buy used 750 dp on flakeslist and send it to pc carbs in ontario ca he will recalibrate it for 260 bux and it will idle and be able to make passes on a stone cold motor

What carb is on there now?

if you are going racing....holley 750 dp.....leave the eddy carbs for the street guys...

About sums it up, and has been that way for a long time.

Holley = fast
Edelbrock = set it and forget it.

Holley 750 DP, throw a pro form main body on it with replaceable air bleeds if you feel they are needed.

At least a 750, Holley preferred.

You can pick up a 750/780 Holley at most swap meets for under $100, kit it and luv it..

For racing, the 750 mech will be good but the fuel economy on the street will suffer. If street driven a lot, I would be using a 650 or 670, vacuum secondaries. All Holley's for me.

No reason you can't have one or each use....

Needing a new carb for my dart. It's a 72 with a 360 10 to 1 compression cast iron heads with 2.02 1.6 valves. Has air gap intake 3.55 gears auto trans . Car will be raced on weekends and driven a lot on the street. I may upgrade to a set of edelbrock heads if money allows. Car runs pretty damn stout but I got engine pulled to refresh over the winter. What size, what brand and should I do vacuum or mechanical secondaries

A 750-850 DP could easily be modified to work in that application and have done many w/great results.......

-
Back