Carburetor choice

-
I already have a great non edelbrock carb i was talking about getting back on track.

I don’t know about anybody else, but if you want to talk about a tremendous amount torque, hit the NO2 button.
That’s tremendous!

i know im gonna stir the pot with this one and probably blow it up, but i have some questions..

i have a 360 in a heavy car.. it has stock bottom, whiplash cam, aluminum heads, eddy performer intake, long tubes, rev man 904, 3;55 gears... i currently run a Edelbrock 1405(600 CFM) i have never ran anything else... i have always wanted to try a Holley in some form, but there is so many choices.. mechanical, vacuum secondary's. single or double pumper, front floats, side floats, 600-650-670-750,770 cfm, 4150/4160, traditional, brawler, quick fuel, demon... so many... i don't even know where to start in choosing a Holley to try on my car.. its just a street car.. i don't want to go to big or be too small. i would like something that's fairly easy to rebuild or tune starting out as I'm going to be learning the Holley.. what are your guys thoughts?
Call Holley, they are very friendly and discuss which is best for your operation.

i know im gonna stir the pot with this one and probably blow it up, but i have some questions..

i have a 360 in a heavy car.. it has stock bottom, whiplash cam, aluminum heads, eddy performer intake, long tubes, rev man 904, 3;55 gears... i currently run a Edelbrock 1405(600 CFM) i have never ran anything else... i have always wanted to try a Holley in some form, but there is so many choices.. mechanical, vacuum secondary's. single or double pumper, front floats, side floats, 600-650-670-750,770 cfm, 4150/4160, traditional, brawler, quick fuel, demon... so many... i don't even know where to start in choosing a Holley to try on my car.. its just a street car.. i don't want to go to big or be too small. i would like something that's fairly easy to rebuild or tune starting out as I'm going to be learning the Holley.. what are your guys thoughts?
I run a Holley 670 Street Avenger on my 69 Road Runner 383. have an Weiand Intake Manifold, also sold by Holley. works great. good power and decent fuel milage.

On my 318 600 Holey vac secondary ,on the 340 750 edelbrock... id stick with 60 holley on your heavy automativc car, then step up to 650-750..dsee whaich works out better. You can get used stuff, my carbs have been bought used the holley 100 bucks, the eddy 150 at a swap meet. trial and error if you dont want to do tha math and even math guys screw it up, ever hear about the guy who opened the Summit catalog, bought every bolt on in the book and the car still didnt want to get out of its own way?...P.S. gas mileage is going to factor in, do you want to spend 50-100 bucks driving around for the weekend? two days?

I'm shocked there's still people who read his ramblings LOL... A tremendous amount of hot wind LOL...

Hey,
My 2 cents. (Worth less now than 40 years ago when this car was made)
* Original Question -
Work with what you have.
I love recommending spending YOUR money!
Make sure it’s a good carb, and tune it.
An AFR meter gauge would be a good investment. And a jet kit. BOG? Drill the shooters.
Timing - more intake valve timing needs more initial advance to keep your carb on the idle circuit. Those advance limiting plates sold by 4sec flat are the ticket.

you CAN have better performance AND better gas milage on the street.
Ok. My two cents. Keep the change.

So a friend just gave me A Holley 670 Street avenger because he said it wouldn't idle.. now to get a kit, fine a good dual fuel line and see what i can deo with it

-
Back