Carburetor Question

-

Blue Grey Duster

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Last fall I was trying to adjust my idle mixture and it was way too rich. From what I know now, I had raised the idle rpm and apparently exposed the transfer slot too much.
I think I can get around this by opening the secondaries more and backing off the idle, or have the vacuum advance adjusted on manifold vacuum to up the idle speed, and then adjust the mixture. Right ?

But do I need a carburetor that has more advanced adjustments ?

All comments welcome,
It's new to me, give me the lowdown on tuning.

Hey Guys

Last fall I was trying to adjust my idle mixture and it was way too rich. From what I know now, I had raised the idle rpm and apparently exposed the transfer slot too much.
I think I can get around this by opening the secondaries more and backing off the idle, or have the vacuum advance adjusted on manifold vacuum to up the idle speed, and then adjust the mixture. Right ?

But do I need a carburetor that has more advanced adjustments ?

All comments welcome,
It's new to me, give me the lowdown on tuning.

If you dont have a 4 corner idle circuit....yes..you can open the rear throttle blades to help it idle...

vacuum advance? race car?

Thanks Guys! Now I know how to look at this, and with what info. the Tech. will need.
Didn't mean to call on the all out race channel, but it paid off.
Thanks for the tip, I mean that, but I have 4.

2 corner ? race car ?

Ha Ha ! You guys crack me up.

Get your timing figured out and make sure it's reasonably correct. It may clean up a bunch of your "carb" issues.

If you say you have it timed at xx degrees at 3500, you're likely not close to correct for initial.

-
Back