Carlisle 2010 Pics.

-
Thanks for posting these, Kevin. Kinda made me "homesick". We used to go every year for about 10 years straight. It became like a reunion for my younger brother and I...along with some friends near there. I've not made it the past couple of years due to work schedules, etc. Like you, hopefully, next year we'll be there with the '73 Dart Sport (fingers crossed). I've been putting a lot the time and money towards getting it back on the street. Again...thanks for the great pics!

We couldn't get there this year, either. Was planning on it, but things didn't work out.

Great pics, Kevin.

The blue 440 powered Scamp belongs to FABO member 68dodge, by the way. One helluva nice car!

nice pics.. i was talking to a staff member yesterday and they had a record registered number of cars this year. had a great time there yesterday..

Thanks for posting the pictures Kevin! If I wasn't in home improvement hell right now I would be there this weekend. Who knows, maybe next year....with the `Cuda.

Whitey's Dart was sweet and that Plum Crazy 340 Demon in post #18...... wow. I'm going to fall sleep thinking about it tonight. That car pushed my button really hard. Please tell me it was a 4 spd..... 8)

And speaking of pushing buttons.... what's going on with your car?!? You had some momentum going and then we haven't heard from you. Or did I miss recent updates on your car? It was looking incredible....

Unforunately i don't remember if it was a 4-speed car, sorry john!

The Duster has come to a screeching hault one is because of financial issues and the 2nd is because after painting the hood twice and it not coming out right i needed a break from it.
It's almost done besides the hood i need to swap out the front tires to fix the rubbing problem, also need the main E-brake cable and i can't get the trim to go back on the windshield, i put in new rubber and clips and now it won't go back on already chipped the paint once trying to install it!

Cool pics Kev, Thanks for sharing. I really like that green Duster and black Scamp that keeps showing up :toothy10:

Thanks Craig your a funny guy!:bootysha:
If i can ever afford to i still want to come out there for Mopars on the Strip!

nice pics.. i was talking to a staff member yesterday and they had a record registered number of cars this year. had a great time there yesterday..

It seemed like there was more the previous years, guess i was right!

I kept an eye out for FABO shirts all day but didn't see any, would have liked to met a few more members again this year.

I talked to the editor of MCG and asked him where the chopped A-100 van is that they are working on he said that they had planned for it to the there but the guy that was supposed to drive passed away on Tues. and that he had been sick for a long time,didn't go into any details.
He seemed like a pretty good guy even shook my hand when i stopped to talk to him.

There was alot of impressive cars, How about some of those barn finds!

he said that they had planned for it to the there but the guy that was supposed to drive passed away on Tues. and that he had been sick for a long time,didn't go into any details.

yea there was a post on moparts about that.. cancer i believe..

I kept an eye out for FABO shirts all day but didn't see any, would have liked to met a few more members again this year.
Thanks for showing your pics EvilScamp! I bet I probably passed you in my travels around the showfield. My Demon was a about 3-4 spots down from the red '71 Demon on Saturday.

John

IMG_3600.jpg

Those high impact colors sure do POP on overcast days.
Best time to take pics.

Thanks for sharing for us losers that could not make it.

I was there and my body feels like I walked to the moon! Triple Black Cuda was awesome. I missed the givaway car though...bummer would go well with my 65 cuda. Many cars were so perfect it was almost unbelievable. The 70 car delearship was also cool. Barn finds and unmolested cars were cool, who would resist the temptation to drive a roadrunner and just have 6200 miles on it? Early hemi rods were also nice. How many general lee's do we need..... I walked at least 10 miles found few parts at all for my 65 cuda, a few small things but not much chrome trim I need. I did find some hood bumper rubber and some cool chrome tips to put on my dual exhaust (not original) as I have now 318 with duals. Fun, Fun, fun till daddy drove his mopar home.....

FABO member Whitey's Dart
067-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hey Kev....
Did you see Mr Norm Signed my inner Fender for me... Then he gave me this...A-body Winner for his sport club, my first award!

Mr Norm 02.jpg

Mr Norm 03.jpg

Holy Cow Whitey,I was parked right behind you and didn't even know it. We could have hung out since I was by myself most of the time and nobody to B.S. with other than people asking questions about my car.

Thanks guys...
Thanks for posting those pics Kev, Sorry I missed ya yesterday.

Can't forget meeting James Best (ROSCOE P. COLTRANE)...

RoscoPColtrane1.jpg

RoscoPColtrane2.jpg

RoscoPColtrane3.jpg

Great pics Kev. Thanks for sharing. I was at the Atlantic Nationals all weekend. I think it is time to tackle that hood again. Can't wait to see the Duster finished.

Jack

-
Back