carlisle

-
Hey Sedanman - come on out, I'll put you up in my camper with my son, my buddy and I - We're in a campround off site with full hook-up..... We don't drink, but bring plenty of food for the four of us and we'll call it even.....lol

looks like good weather this year!

It is looking real good this year!

I'm rolling in Thursday afternoon at Western Village campground. My son and my buddy are driving my Fury ragtop up Friday am. They'll pick me up at the campground, we'll Chinese fire drill and I'll cruise right on in to the land yacht section of 69 and up stock C-Bodies..... Car has been done for 10 years and I still have not gotten my seats done yet - so look past the miss-matched seats.....LOL

I've got a list of everyone who has said they are going to be there - gonna try to meet those we missed last year and visit the ones we did find last year.....

feels like no ac and windows open for sleeping tonight! amazing what 2 hours north can do for the weather.... I rolled in about 3:20, swapped the registration for the field to my land yacht andam just chillin here at the campground.... life is grand.

Big favor to ask. Can someone that is going on Sunday, stop by spot L 124 and get me the owners phone number? It's in the window of the light blue truck. I must have wrote it down wrong. This will save me a one hour trip east and an extra hour added to a seven hour drive back west to get home. Thank you in advance.

I wish had thought to check for this thread before I left, it was a game time decision on Friday afternoon. But I will be there next year, with the goal of finishing the scamp so I can auto-x it. Spent the majority of the time over at the course taking turns with my brother in his 66 Charger. What a blast.

http://h-drive.net/Charger.MOV

Big file...it might take a minute to load.

This is one of my brother's runs (the worst one). His charging system died and we were running on the battery. Unfortunately, as he was waiting at the start line the Hotchkis Auto-X Taxi Cab ran out of gas on the track and took about 5 minutes to fire back up. Dave was afraid to turn it off thinking it wouldn't start and was using the electric fans sparingly. Got hot and vapor locked in 1st gear after the start. Still fun to watch!

good event!
some rain but not bad.
i really enjoyed meeting several fabo members.
i am already thinking about next year.

Great great event.Sorry I couldn't come to see everybody I was vary busy selling.The A body members that I met were top notch.Can't wait until next year. Mark

Been going for years. Have to thank the gentleman who brought the 66 valiant hood down. Hopin next year to bring my whole fleet down. Only ever showed at all truck nats once in my dakota.I Had a blast this past weekend

i had another great year!! i did get to meet a few of the FABO vendors, good guys for sure!! i didnt make it to the show area or stop in at the FABO tent, i will try harder next year. one of these years i will bring my dart but it seems i spend most of my time in the vendor area and i dont like hauling parts in it lol!

Made it to a few of the members here that I knew were going. Didn't get a chance to see all of you, tho... Jake and I did stop in the FABO tent.... Next year he will have his 65 there. Don't know if I'm doing the Thurs - Sat next year, or just coming up Sat with Jake and his 65. Was a good weekend overall, even with the rain.....

Met a few members at Carlisle in the vendor area. I lightened a few members return trips and my wallet.

I am hoping to post a few pictures from the car show area later this week. I did not get a lot of pictures this year due to the rain.

Here is some pictures from Carlisle. It is mixture of car styles and types.

Attachments

• 2013 07 13_01.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 2013 07 13_02.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 2013 07 13_23.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 139
  • 2013 07 13_10.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 2013 07 13_12.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 2013 07 13_16.jpg