Carter AVS Rebuild Kit

-

UPSTATE340

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a rebuild kit for the Carter AVS 4226S. I know they were bought by Edelbrock, just wondering If I can just ask them for the kit or if there's another way to go.

Also, I've heard of a strip kit for the Carters that used to be around. Can anyone give any insight as to what that is and if it might be worth it on a 383.

Does anyone know where I can find a rebuild kit for the Carter AVS 4226S. I know they were bought by Edelbrock, just wondering If I can just ask them for the kit or if there's another way to go.

Also, I've heard of a strip kit for the Carters that used to be around. Can anyone give any insight as to what that is and if it might be worth it on a 383.

Hard to find parts for the old Carters. I got a rebuild kit for mine frome YearOne. A strip kit will be harder to find. They don't make them any more. So you need to find some one that wil part with an old one. Or I have hered that parts from the E-brocks will interchange with the Carters. But I don't know for sure or what all would enterchange.

A strip kit will come with. jets, metering rods, and metering rod springs.

Thanks Rumble. I have found that Napa has lots of parts for old Mopars. That's where I check first. toolmanmike

Dan Squires, Dan's carburetor service who is also a FABO member will be able to get you almost anything you need.

-
Back