Cartoons

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I used to be embarrassed to admit to my friends because im 28 but I watch a lot of cartoons. The main reason is because I still live with my adoptive parents and they have household rules and regulations about cleanliness of TV shows allowed in the house. I know I am considered a grown up (whatever) but as long as I live in their house rent free then I feel like I need abide by their rules and beliefs.

After I started watching the shows that are allowed I really started to like them and now even if I had my own house I would probably continue watching the same clean stuff that is allowed in mom and dad's house.

Pretty much anything on Disney and Disney jr. is fair game.....some of the cartoon network shows do not meet the guidelines but most do like the classics: Loony tunes, tom and jerry, jetsons, and Flintstones.
Some of my favorites from Disney are Phineas and ferb, fish hooks, kim possible, and chuggington, and futurama.

I used to watch Beavis and butthead with my cousin but that one does not meet the house rules. Family Guy, American Dad and simpsons were banned.

Which cartoons do you guys like......if your embarrassed to admit that you watch them, you can say you watch them with your kids. We will believe you. :???:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 486
  • tumblr_mx2jwydH871rfwfq9o1_1280.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 472
  • phineas-and-ferb-perry-wallpaper.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 489
  • imagesCACKAMG4.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 4a78d9feebf25632ae29084322e15c87a3006bbb.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 501
  • Flintstones.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 502
  • a-kpron-color.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 479
Hehehe... Yeah, I watched a lot of cartoons when the kids were all little. Many of the Disney cartoon movies were seemingly intended for parents to enjoy with their kids. Some of the humor would simply go over a child's head. I'm actually impressed with your parents. There is way too much inappropriate crap out there that kids are allowed to view.

Hell, some of the old cartoons are better than today's reality tv...

Nothing wrong with watching them. Some of the jokes are for adults anyway...

Whether you know it or not, Disney has a LOT of adult oriented things hidden in their cartoons. It's a well documented fact.

I'm 48 and I'm here to tell ya that not only are most cartoons just good clean fun but to the first and foremost, they can be side splitting funny.

My all time favorite is still Tom and Jerry. The early first runs are best!

Then of. Purse there is the adult cartoons which your parents might not like that are just as funny since there actually adult level. Family Guy has me crying sometimes with how stupid they can get.

R .R.R. ,is dead on... In the original spirit of the post,I liked original Scooby Doo & Speed Buggy episodes. Check out ,the "Wacky Races",for fun. As for today,Futurama . .

Jetsons -- coolest arrangement of a theme song ever

Any Warner Brothers -- all the characters but especially Goofy Gophers.

Bullwinkle

Tom & Jerry

Alvin and the Chipmunks

I was thing about writing down Futurama! I love that bucket of bolts of a robot!

Whether you know it or not, Disney has a LOT of adult oriented things hidden in their cartoons. It's a well documented fact.

Yes and that's partly why you don't see some of them on TV today. Same was true of "the moose," Bullwinkle.

Rani, LOL, I can't believe anyone would consider Beevis and Butthead good clean entertainment

Yes and that's partly why you don't see some of them on TV today. Same was true of "the moose," Bullwinkle.

Rani, LOL, I can't believe anyone would consider Beevis and Butthead good clean entertainment

Hell remember Ren & Stimpy.

I love most all cartoons from when I was a kid. And some from my son being a kid. I once swore that I would never watch SpongeBob, but now I could sing the theme song in my sleep. I remember coming home from school when I was a kid and my dad and I would watch G.I. Joe, Transformers, Voltron, and some others I probably can't remember.

rocky and Bullwinkle was a good show....its really old though.

I only watched beavis and butthead with my cousin even though I wasn't really supposed to be watching it. My cousin is a boy and he is older than me so the rules do not apply to him .....he watches whatever he wants.

Beavis and Butthead actually spun off to King of the hill and king of the hill is a lot cleaner and one of my mom's favorites

Do a google search for "adult themes in Disney movies". You'll see.

I can think of Gargoyles right off the top of my head. Even the original cover to the little mermaid lol.

Do you remember Talespin?

Speed Racer!!!

And all the old Warners Brothers stuff (Bugs Bunny, etc.)

And the shorts that went with Rocky and Bullwinkle (Fractured Fairy Tales, Dudley Do-Right, Peabody and Sherman, Aesop and Son)

The old Tom & Jerry, and Buggs Bunny were the ****... I miss those days, Hell The Flinstones and the newest for me was the Jetsons.......

This new crap isn't Cartoons was nothing to see a cat chase a mouse on TV, better then what ya see these days, just on the news. and I'll leave it at that. BUT they say the cartoons were too "Violent"? WTH are they talking about, a cat chases a mouse for food ya buncha dumbasses!

I can think of Gargoyles right off the top of my head. Even the original cover to the little mermaid lol.

Do you remember Talespin?

Gargoyles was one of my favorites! before that it was of course He-Man and Thundercats. I love the classic cartoons, those never go out as far as I am concerned. Hanna Barberra (or however you spell it) had some great toons. I loved the Hair Bear Bunch.

I'm surprised to see that Futurama is on the accepted list.

My Dad and I were great fans of king of the Hill. I laughed my buttocks off at his reaction when I showed him how it was a Beavis and Butthead spinoff.

My life resembles that of the coyote in the road runner cartoons. Nothing ever works! But it is where I learned my creativeness.

-
Back